Happy opening night’s eve!

Advertisement
This year is going to be interesting. We need some players to really step up (both production and leadership).

It was nice to see Coach L happier during media day. I am sure he is glad to have that bullchit behind us.

Coach L usually does well with this type of team. Mix of vets and shooters. Will be fun season!

Advertisement
This year is going to be interesting. We need some players to really step up (both production and leadership).

It was nice to see Coach L happier during media day. I am sure he is glad to have that bullchit behind us.
Plenty of tuneup games to figure out who will step up.

Lehigh brings back six players who have started or played multiple minutes over three seasons. They can go at least eight deep. As someone on this board said, they are picked to win the Patriot League and make the NCAAT. Sure, it's just a mid-major, but we said that a couple years ago about Northeastern and we know how that went.

We need to get off to a fast start and keep our foot on the pedal. If they get a working lead early, we could have trouble. Be interesting to see who takes charge for us on offense. Who is gonna be our "go to" guy! Hopefully, someone is ready to step forward in that role.

I really want to see Anthony as a big differencemaker in point production. He has been a steady eddie and a true team player. But now he must and can take his game to another level as his NBA chances looms in the background.

Lehigh brings back six players who have started or played multiple minutes over three seasons. They can go at least eight deep. As someone on this board said, they are picked to win the Patriot League and make the NCAAT. Sure, it's just a mid-major, but we said that a couple years ago about Northeastern and we know how that went.

We need to get off to a fast start and keep our foot on the pedal. If they get a working lead early, we could have trouble. Be interesting to see who takes charge for us on offense. Who is gonna be our "go to" guy! Hopefully, someone is ready to step forward in that role.
They crushed Momouth on Tuesday

Advertisement
Looking forward to an interesting season! I didn't feel last years team developed a chemistry and much of that I blame on the scandal hanging over Coach Ls head and also due to Newton's habitual turning the ball over! Hope we have a lot to cheer about this year.

Looking forward to an interesting season! I didn't feel last years team developed a chemistry and much of that I blame on the scandal hanging over Coach Ls head and also due to Newton's habitual turning the ball over! Hope we have a lot to cheer about this year.

We gonna ignore that our two draft picks were mia most of the season? Regardless of whether they were on the court or not? This isn't to bad mouth either of them but wow did we under achieve last season.

I'm surprised Newton hasn't been blamed for the football defeats

I really want to see Anthony as a big differencemaker in point production. He has been a steady eddie and a true team player. But now he must and can take his game to another level as his NBA chances looms in the background.

Hope he has a good year, but Amp's NBA chances are about as good as mine, and I'm a 42yo 5'10" white guy with below average athletic ability.

Advertisement
I’ll be relegated to watching the replay.

Be interesting to see the rotations. It’s still early, but I’d like to see DH and Izundu working together.

Hope he has a good year, but Amp's NBA chances are about as good as mine, and I'm a 42yo 5'10" white guy with below average athletic ability.
You think Amp has reached his ceiling? I always thought if he got some more muscles in the right place maybe lost a little weight here and there, he could be quicker and more fluid. He already has the smarts and experience. I rated him the key to a possible good new season; if he overperforms (expectations) we could be sitting pretty.

I think Amp is a complimentary player. He's not the kind of player you want to count on as the key to the season.

Advertisement
I think Amp is a complimentary player. He's not the kind of player you want to count on as the key to the season.

Since highschool Amp has had his abilities shortchanged by being put in a role that delegates rather than penetrates. The only thing coach L has showed him to be is a really good defensive player. But if you knew what he had coming put of HS he could do it all ofensively. Its time to set him free and get his attempts up and Allow him that opportunity.

Last edited:
I never have high expectations for Florida HS kids so I've gotta say I've been happy with Amp's contributions from the first game he played here. A steady guy who definitely is a contributor! Glad we've had him for his full career.

I was reading a oddsmakers article on this game and it seems we have a formidable opponent for our first game. It would be nice to see a decent crowd which could help our chances. The article said we are lacking offensive production and Lehigh is very balanced. We were picked to lose this game. Personally I like our club and we have experience at most positions.

Thanks for your answer. I was optimistic because he looked faster and more agile against Barry U than last season. But maybe everyone looks better versus Barry U. I have always been impressed with his FG shooting accuracy. If he could double his "traditional" 5-6 attempts per game, maybe we would have us a story!

Advertisement
Back