Happy Birthday Al Golden!!!!

What's to say he wants to be a head coach? There's gotta be a reason he's not coaching at all in the college ranks and thwt could be from black balling himself by suing an employer or he just might need to make money and the only way he knows how is to coach football so he's taking an easy paying job.

All fair points.

As an aside i had to chuckle a little (not at you) as it brought to my mind Shannon also suing UM, App State (?) suing UM and i think even Bryan Fortay (sic) sued UM although the latter two were not in a "coaching" context.

My guy is Rob Chudzinski (i realize some don't like him and that's fine). Really wanted to see him be the HC here "back then" but it didn't happen.

Advertisement
He may or may not be a HC again. Who knows. My guess is that if so he'd probably re-start at a lower level program.

Well yeah, nobody is hiring an NFL position coach who got fired from his one major program gig to run their major program.

He'd be a reasonable fit at a program with high academic standards that doesn't really care about football. Tulane, Northwestern, Boston University, etc.

My guy is Rob Chudzinski (i realize some don't like him and that's fine). Really wanted to see him be the HC here "back then" but it didn't happen.

Most fans seem to like the idea of Chud. But the reality right now is two seasons into Diaz and we have the best staff, best roster and definitely best QB we've had in probably 20ish years.

If he doesn't pan out, I'm legitimately scared to see what direction the University will go.

s ash
Well yeah, nobody is hiring an NFL position coach who got fired from his one major program gig to run their major program.

He'd be a reasonable fit at a program with high academic standards that doesn't really care about football. Tulane, Northwestern, Boston University, etc.
If Golden was inclined to again become a college football HC perhaps he will try to land a job as an analyst / special assistant at Bama. Offhand i recall three fired college HCs that went this route and are now back as HCs: (1) Sarkasian (and yes although every situation is different his might be considered unique); (2) Butch Jones, and (3) Mike Locksley.

s ash

If Golden was inclined to again become a college football HC perhaps he will try to land a job as an analyst / special assistant at Bama. Offhand i recall three fired college HCs that went this route and are now back as HCs: (1) Sarkasian (and yes although every situation is different his might be considered unique); (2) Butch Jones, and (3) Mike Locksley.

I don't see Saban hiring Golden. Saban tends to bring on guys that are good at a particular thing in terms of scheme. Golden is more like a jack of all trades master of none.

Advertisement
Also, the garbage defensive scheme they ran wasn’t just D’Onofrio’s it was Golden’s. It was the old 1980’s Bill Parcells 3-4. It was used by a bunch of Parcels assistants like Bill Belicheck, Nick Saban and Al Groh who used it as a head coach at Virginia. His defensive coordinator? Al Golden. It was a scheme developed in the late 70’s /early 80’s to stop 1980’s offenses.

Advertisement
How many games did we jump out to a lead only to give it up in the fourth because of ****** S&C and defense?

Bad things happen and weaknesses get exposed. Failing to address them is a bigger failure than letting them happen in the first place.

Also, the garbage defensive scheme they ran wasn’t just D’Onofrio’s it was Golden’s. It was the old 1980’s Bill Parcells 3-4. It was used by a bunch of Parcels assistants like Bill Belicheck, Nick Saban and Al Groh who used it as a head coach at Virginia. His defensive coordinator? Al Golden. It was a scheme developed in the late 70’s /early 80’s to stop 1980’s offenses.

Sad.

Kinda like a Doctor today still using bleeding and leeches in his repertoire

You can appreciate his doggedness....but you definitely wouldn't want him trying to solve your problems

How many games did we jump out to a lead only to give it up in the fourth because of ****** S&C and defense?

Bad things happen and weaknesses get exposed. Failing to address them is a bigger failure than letting them happen in the first place.

I disagree.

You don't play with your hand grenade. Mr. Grenade is not our friend.

Advertisement
And if a guy in your unit has a habit of playing with grenades, you'd best address it.

Once.

And I did. He asked if I had an extra grenade pin he could have - as I had several in my boonie hat.

I asked "why?"

"I lost mine."

"Give me the grenade - and give me ALL of your grenades. Touch another and I will shoot you."

Advertisement
Lol the most ridiculous ****.

I'll always embrace another opportunity for UFailure to embarrass itself. Seems to happen with stunning regularity.

Let us not forget they have probably the best herpetology program in the world and put a crocodile on the cover of their media guide.

Advertisement
Back