Happy Birthday Al Golden!!!!

Al could’ve done something here if he’d just admitted his defenses sucked *** and were hopeless.
The Diaz slurping king thinks Golden could have done something?
Michael Jordan Reaction GIF

Advertisement
Typical of Miami fans wishing that loser who tried suing the University (another loss on his record) a happy birthday but kill a former player for leaving his ****** *** in a week because of a great opportunity while avoiding a sinking ship. Talk to people who know the program and they will tell you about nightmare stories about that staff.

Fûck Al Golden

I always think you give a HC three years to properly evaluate him (gives them time to bring in their kids), but Golden severely tested that line of thought for me. Not only did dude melt down during his career here (and not to mention during the season too, where we'd start off with a few wins and then end in a disaster), but he then went and tried to sue the school. That guy deserves to be blotted out in Canes history. The blank void.

Advertisement
How ironic, since we are now independent of Al Golden and his Bday is July 4th.

This guy imo, could done well here had he put the program ahead of his friendship. For that reason, have will have my lifelong disdain.
That and being screwed by a never ending ncaa investigation. He recruited fairly well but man was that defensive scheme and play calling horrendous

That and being screwed by a never ending ncaa investigation. He recruited fairly well but man was that defensive scheme and play calling horrendous
I believe he would still be here if he was willing to change DC's. He wasn't so *** him.

Advertisement
If I was him I would’ve quit when those sanctions came up. UM dealt him a bad hand. I think we could agree to that

Agree, he was dealt a bad hand. if i was him (with the benefit of hindsight of course) i would've tried to find a way to get the Penn State job. Although i can't criticize his pushing them to decide, as it did seem at the time they were slow playing him.

Sure, having a different DC would have extended his stay here, but it would've only delayed the inevitable. Al Golden is a loser. I don't know if I've ever seen someone coach more scared than him, and that includes cowardly-*** Larry Coker. Everything he did was based in fear. Fear of getting beat deep, fear of making any kind of adjustment in scheme or playcalling that would stray from his preconceived notions. It was evident even at Temple. I was watching their bowl game vs UCLA in downtown Orlando before heading to our game vs Wisconsin, and as soon as Temple went up 21-7, you could see Al's sphincter tighten through his khakis.

Bruh..think about what you just said..he’s a Coach in the League. He was dealt a bad hand here..now I’m not saying even with the sanctions he was the answer but that’s just something we’ll never know

He's been a position coach for years now. Good head coaches get head coaching jobs.

Advertisement
He did. They didn't want him.

You may be right. I remember hearing he interviewed there but nothing came of it. Actually think he had the most "leverage" for getting another job at that point as the team was either 9-3 or 9-4; something like that. After that though he lost whatever leverage he had.

You may be right. I remember hearing he interviewed there but nothing came of it. Actually think he had the most "leverage" for getting another job at that point as the team was either 9-3 or 9-4; something like that. After that though he lost whatever leverage he had.

Something definitely came out of it. They hired someone else. Can't remember if that was Bill O'Brien or James Franklin. Either way, it was a good move on their part because Al Golden is disastrous as an HC at a major college program and I'd bet dimes to dollars he never is an HC at one again.

Advertisement
Sure, having a different DC would have extended his stay here, but it would've only delayed the inevitable. Al Golden is a loser. I don't know if I've ever seen someone coach more scared than him, and that includes cowardly-*** Larry Coker. Everything he did was based in fear. Fear of getting beat deep, fear of making any kind of adjustment in scheme or playcalling that would stray from his preconceived notions. It was evident even at Temple. I was watching their bowl game vs UCLA in downtown Orlando before heading to our game vs Wisconsin, and as soon as Temple went up 21-7, you could see Al's sphincter tighten through his khakis.
He coached Miami the way he coached Temple. He treated every game like we were huge underdogs and ended up costing himself wins by playing it too safe. I get the line of thinking if you’re coaching a team with very little talent. Play it safe. Hope the opponent hurts himself with turnovers. Don’t give up the big play and make the opponent have to string together long drives to score. If you get a lead, no matter how early, go straight into clock killing mode. Give the opponent as few possessions as possible. This is all great when you coach a terrible team that has little chance of competing with anybody head to head. But at Miami, his team was the better team almost every week. You don’t play that hyper conservative (some might say scared) style of football when you actually have good players. You can afford to be more aggressive because talented teams can overcome occasional mistakes that come from aggressive play.

Something definitely came out of it. They hired someone else. Can't remember if that was Bill O'Brien or James Franklin. Either way, it was a good move on their part because Al Golden is disastrous as an HC at a major college program and I'd bet dimes to dollars he never is an HC at one again.

Nah, disagree as to a Golden being disastrous as a head coach but that's already been debated on these boards about 500 times by now and I'm not inclined to debate it again. Seems like if alli else fails a thread bashing Golden will always be popular.
i would have liked to see how he did with those 2 dlineman that were a year away from playing significant minutes - one i think was Mcintosh and i think Norton was the other but we will never know now.
He may or may not be a HC again. Who knows. My guess is that if so he'd probably re-start at a lower level program.

Bruh..think about what you just said..he’s a Coach in the League. He was dealt a bad hand here..now I’m not saying even with the sanctions he was the answer but that’s just something we’ll never know
Lol @ bad hand. Please stop

Nah, disagree as to a Golden being disastrous as a head coach but that's already been debated on these boards about 500 times by now and I'm not inclined to debate it again. Seems like if alli else fails a thread bashing Golden will always be popular.
i would have liked to see how he did with those 2 dlineman that were a year away from playing significant minutes - one i think was Mcintosh and i think Norton was the other but we will never know now.
He may or may not be a HC again. Who knows. My guess is that if so he'd probably re-start at a lower level program.
What's to say he wants to be a head coach? There's gotta be a reason he's not coaching at all in the college ranks and thwt could be from black balling himself by suing an employer or he just might need to make money and the only way he knows how is to coach football so he's taking an easy paying job.

Advertisement
Back