NFL Hamlin awake

This is 100%, at least the way I look at it, two separate things, first, the quick, and appropriate treatment he got on the field. Nobody standing around, scratching their heads, they went right to the AED, which he needed within a couple of minutes or it would’ve been a completely different story. The other thing, though, is the incredible shape he is in. That always helps. Thank God
100%….remarkable fast reactions that saved his life, so far, with hopefully a positive future outcome.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Keeps the story in the news?
Who knows? May be a common practice after two heart stoppages to keep the patient listed that way for a week or so.

Follow-on heart attacks happen with some frequency (though that's usually the case with elderly folks).

Hamlin tweets out OMFG!!!! after Bills run back opening kickoff for a TD.

As you might expect, he then gets replies like "Why you cursing the God who saved you?" or "Stop taking God's name in vain" etc etc. :(

Hamlin tweets out OMFG!!!! after Bills run back opening kickoff for a TD.

As you might expect, he then gets replies like "Why you cursing the God who saved you?" or "Stop taking God's name in vain" etc etc. :(
Obviously those comments are just stupid... but why people continue to be appalled by social media posts by idiots is funny to me. Who cares? I'm sure Damar doesn't as he celebrates another day of life

Advertisement
Modern emergency medical treatment is quite amazing.

Given the likely cause of commotio cordis, is there any reason Hamlin wouldn't make a swift recovery and suit up again?

Advertisement
Hamlin undergoing through cardiopulmonary testing at a Buffalo hospital right now to try to determine exact cause of his two heart stoppage events. If they find nothing definitive, guess they'll feel more sure about the commotio cordis diagnosis.

Hamlin undergoing through cardiopulmonary testing at a Buffalo hospital right now to try to determine exact cause of his two heart stoppage events. If they find nothing definitive, guess they'll feel more sure about the commotio cordis diagnosis.
Some have said the second coding wouldn't be normal for that affliction.

Some have said the second coding wouldn't be normal for that affliction.
What you say makes sense to me but maybe his heart, once restarted at the stadium, still was beating out of rhythm. If so, that might explain a second stoppage. Guess we don't have any MDs on the board to share their expertise.

Those trainers and EMTs who worked on Hamlin at the stadium deserve all the credit they're receiving. And, it was fortunate he was a young man and otherwise really physically fit.

Advertisement
This is 100%, at least the way I look at it, two separate things, first, the quick, and appropriate treatment he got on the field. Nobody standing around, scratching their heads, they went right to the AED, which he needed within a couple of minutes or it would’ve been a completely different story. The other thing, though, is the incredible shape he is in. That always helps. Thank God

We know It wasn’t Commotio cordis though bc hes alive right.

Advertisement
Back