Had a chance to watch Demetrius Jackson play basketball

Nice write up but Alonzo's son doesn't have any offers.

I heard he had offers to Gtown, Stanford and one other school. At least thats what the bball board said. (Yeah i ventured over to that ghost town the other day) Was this wrong info?

Advertisement
... with a smooth jumper...

Did you ask for lessons?

I would have been the third best player on the court

Haha I've played against you and you are absolutely terrible lol

Not good enough to play center court in the wellness..

Yeah ok man. I play center court every day. Make yourself known to me next time you see me splashing out there

Sunday's at 3

IN

Appreciate the insight.. tony g, antonio g, jimmy even walford... let's add another to the list.

I went to the Ransom-Booker T. Washington game last night, which was the regional quarterfinal matchup. Everything you look for in a football player who plays basketball, Jackson has. He finished the game with 26 points and was matched up with Trey Mourning (Alonzo's son and a top basketball recruit) for most of the night.

The first thing that jumped out to me about him on the court was that he does not have the look of a "basketball player" as far as body composition. His lower half is very strong and he has bulked up tremendously in the last year. His size will not be an issue on the football field, especially as he continues to focus on adding weight over the next few months.

In the first half, Booker T. picked up full court, where Jackson was at the top of the press. He was all over the court and had several steals where he showed off his wingspan and high pointed the ball. He is an extremely fluid athlete for his size, but was not afraid to use his body down low even when being covered by Mourning. There were a few instances where Jackson caught the ball in the high post and just overpowered the 6-9 Mourning to get to the basket.

In the second half, the Tornadoes picked up man-to-man and Jackson was covering Mourning. In the first half, when Booker T used more zone, Mourning had 16 points. Mourning scored 9 points in the second half, but almost all of the points he scored were a very difficult and Jackson seemed to frustrate him. On a related note, Mourning is a player...he's not just a name. Good touch around the rim with a smooth jumper for his size.

Nearly all of Jackson's points were at the rim on either dunks or layups. Like I said, the most encouraging thing that I took away from watching him is that he's not all that far away physically from being able to contribute on the football field. Jackson played the entire game as well and was playing his best as the game wore on. He always seemed to be around the basketball, which is another trait to look for in a defensive player in football.

I've been singing Jackson's praises for about six months now and last night validated a lot of my beliefs about him from a physical standpoint. Miami got a steal.

Did you launch a brick from half court and show all the kids " whats up "?

Maybe it's me, but i am flabbergasted that Ransom plays Booker T in any sport. So foreign to me.

Advertisement
... with a smooth jumper...

Did you ask for lessons?

Did you ask for lessons?

Haha I've played against you and you are absolutely terrible lol

Not good enough to play center court in the wellness..

Yeah ok man. I play center court every day. Make yourself known to me next time you see me splashing out there

312.gif

Guys on here always talk about liking football players who wrestle. Not me, give me football players who play basketball. Football athletes are a dime a dozen, it take a rare set of skills to play basketball at a high level.

Advertisement
Guys on here always talk about liking football players who wrestle. Not me, give me football players who play basketball. Football athletes are a dime a dozen, it take a rare set of skills to play basketball at a high level.

Lineman that can wrestle well might be my favorite thing in the world. Any other position and I don't give a ****.

i have never seen Pete play.

that said, you can't judge how good someone is off of a half court shot.

Advertisement
Pete didnt play in high school no ******* way he's better than anybody that was on that court, or even the bench, I bet half of the people in the crowd would wreck him.

I played basketball with Gary Bush in a league way back in the day. Deon would come to practice sometimes and couldn't dribble twice in a row without eating **** or hitting his foot. Gary was pretty nice actually.

I played basketball with Gary Bush in a league way back in the day. Deon would come to practice sometimes and couldn't dribble twice in a row without eating **** or hitting his foot. Gary was pretty nice actually.
I met Mr. Bush at Home Depot the other day, what a kool kat.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back