Guys, Im working on a story on Kaaya and Rudy Carpenter...

k9 how do you know Carpenter? He is one of my favorite college QB's ever. Gritty kid, played through a lot of injuries.

Advertisement
k9 how do you know Carpenter? He is one of my favorite college QB's ever. Gritty kid, played through a lot of injuries.

We've been friends for years( I live in Southern California), we met originally through a mutual friend. Basically that's the short story. Rudy's a great guy. He's going to make a great QB instructor( already is, according to the Kayaa's)....

Just interviewed Rudy, he thinks UM is getting a Joe Flacco/Josh Freeman-type.

Carpenter says some real interesting things(IMO) on how footwork is NOT taught nearly enough by quarterback coaches, he thinks the position is played from the feet up and this lack of solid footwork( especially from guys who play the spread their whole life) is why there are so many big-name flops at this position.

Not to spoil my story, but Rudy had Brad go through a pro-day, which he taped. And it showed everything( even the bad throws, which Rudy says is important, he thinks Youtube highlights lie, and make guys better than they look). And through his contacts he sent out this video of Kaaya. And one of the first guys to respond and the most excited guy to call them was..... James Coley

And the rest, as they say, is history.

I also got Rudy's thoughts on the rankings/recruiting politics. As usual, he didn't hold back and he gave me some great stuff

Josh Freeman in ability or Josh Freeman in execution? Kaaya may be more accurate than Freeman right now.

Definitely in ability. He also compares him favorably with Stephen Morris in terms of athliticism and having a live arm

Advertisement
no Wendi Levy is not Brad Jr. mom. Angela Means, comedienne and actress is Brad Jr.'s mother.

Yep, I corrected that in a later post. Wendi Levy is his step-mom. Angela mentioned somewhere, maybe a tweet, that Wendi was also in a movie. Wendi is from Atlantic City originally. Don't remember the name of the movie, it was about basketball. Apparently Wendi's a good basketball player. I saw a picture of her with Nancy Lieberman at some event.

Does Angela do stand-up, or is it more comedic acting? Sounds like Brad comes from a very creative family.

Last edited:
no Wendi Levy is not Brad Jr. mom. Angela Means, comedienne and actress is Brad Jr.'s mother.

Yep, I corrected that in a later post. Wendi Levy is his step-mom. Angela mentioned somewhere, maybe a tweet, that Wendi was also in a movie. Wendi is from Atlantic City originally. Don't remember the name of the movie, it was about basketball. Apparently Wendi's a good basketball player. I saw a picture of her with Nancy Lieberman at some event.

Does Angela do stand-up, or is it more comedic acting? Sounds like Brad comes from a very creative family.

she played Felicia in the movie "Friday"

Advertisement
Back