Guy Thomas

Following in older brothers footsteps transferred to Booker T.

Can confirm

Shame. Better off at Columbus imo.

Agree, Columbus has the best facilities in South Florida and probably second in the state behind IMG Academy. What surprises me is the fact that more kids don't come to Columbus. Our facilities are probably better then Miami!!! Not joking. Former UM strength Coach Andreu Swasey is at Columbus every day working with players like John Jay, James Shields, Manny Machado, Ryan Tannehill, Jarvis Landry & others.

Ok that's not true. They are nice, but it's not close to being true. They are nicer than Booker T, but that should go to show you.. kids don't follow facilities. They follow good coaches and wins. Ice Harris is an elite HS coach and Booker T is loaded. Not to say that Columbus isn't loaded too but he saw more wins at Booker T

Advertisement
I played ball at Columbus, and word is Eric Trujillo (Defensive Coordinator) is stepping down from his role because of issues with Merritt (HC). Don't really know if this is a reason for him leaving but it might possibly be.

Do not quote me on this but me and former teammates have heard this and it was prevalent my senior year that they had some issues.

He is stepping down but idk what the reason is for

I remember the southridge playoff game in 2011 that they both got into a huge arguement on the sideline and their relationship I would assume has been shaky since, and talking to Trujillo recently he had not talked to Merritt since their last playoff game this past season.

It's a shame because IMHO Trujillo is/was the best coach on the Columbus Staff.

10000000000000000% agree with you

I'm assuming his brother, Fabian, transferred as well?

Never been that high on this kid. He didn't even start for most of the season. How do you have an offer from Alabama and other BCS schools, but have trouble starting on your own hs team? He definitely flashed his potential with his athleticism and burst, but it never translated into production. His brother Fabian (LB) is a better player, but he's not a BCS prospect.

Fabioooooooooooo

all these Columbus staff writers and not one even knows the best coach at Columbus's name....

his name's Alex Trujillo not Eric, his son's name is Eric

Advertisement
Yea they have nice facilities but how many state titles do they have? Usain bolt traines on a dirt track I'm just saying.

all these Columbus staff writers and not one even knows the best coach at Columbus's name....

It's Erick and I live with Erik at USF. Also very close friends with Coach Trujillo since I was 8.

Last edited:
Advertisement

It's Erick and I live with Erik at USF. Also very close friends with Coach Trujillo since I was 8.

you don't know what the **** you're talking about. I've known Alex aka Taco for over 25 years, he was one of my closest friends in high school...

you don't know what the **** you're talking about. I've known Alex aka Taco for over 25 years, he was one of my closest friends in high school...

LMAO

It's definitely Alex Trujillo, I think the purge needs to happen with some of these staff writers

LMAO

It's definitely Alex Trujillo, I think the purge needs to happen with some of these staff writers

Tito is talking about his son name

LMAO

Tito is talking about his son name

Point proven.

Advertisement
LMAO at being "very close friends" with a grown man as an 8 year old. Let me guess: just hanging out, sipping whisky and shooting the breeze together?

Alex Trujillo took care of me and my brother when my parents divorced and he also was there after my mom got breast cancer, He's honestly a really good friend.

Only reason I still call him "Coach" is as a sign of respect.

Advertisement
Back