Gus Edwards through 4 games

Advertisement
hilarious how these south florida elitits on here use to rag on him and suck Duke off. Edwards is the better RB in the NFL.

all that "he run high doe" and "he should be a FB doe" "duke da best he SFL". LMAO

golden recruit from NY is a better RB then Duke the SFL legend.

just goes to show we have a fanbase that thinks because there are a couple kids from SFL that are elite (and go to other schools, mainly skill position), that Miami shouldn't lose.

Why are you tearing down one of the best players we’ve had at Miami in the last 15 years to prop up Gus? Only our fanbase does this dumb ****. Your post, and the purposefully incorrect spelling, says more about you than the false conclusions you reached. You’re mad our fanbase used to overstate the talent of our superstar players? Do you realize how illogical that is? I think your anger should be directed at Golden, Hurlie brown, James coley, and Tim Harris for not getting the most out of Gus Edwards while he was at Miami.

Duke will come just short of 4K total yards in 4 years. Gus Edwards, who looks great in his first season, hasn’t consistently performed well enough to be lauded over Duke.

and to top it off, Gus didn’t do **** in college. He averaged 4.3 ypc in his fifth year at Rutgers. Duke averaged 6.8 ypc w/ 2k total yards as a junior.

Shoutout Vern for having the vision tho

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly...if collins was healthy he would have gone for 100 in all the games...its because of Jackson. next year will be interesting. Kind of wish they would go after Leveon Bell.

Ironically Gus Edwards was our backup plan to Alex Collins

just goes to show we have a fanbase that thinks because there are a couple kids from SFL that are elite (and go to other schools, mainly skill position), that Miami shouldn't lose.

I haven’t seen this on the board and don’t think your hypothesis is true. Moreover, I’d rather have a south Florida truther on my side than UM fans who hate our biggest advantage as a program :noidea:

- there have been 52 NFL players on NFL rosters in the 2018 regular season who attended a Broward County high school

- there have been 23 NFL players on NFL rosters in the 2018 regular season who attended a Palm Beach County high school.

- There have been 49 NFL players on NFL rosters in the 2018 regular season who attended a Miami-Dade County high school.

No one expects us not to lose. Everyone expects us to perform better than we did when we have the talent advantage that we do.

I haven’t seen this on the board and don’t think your hypothesis is true. Moreover, I’d rather have a south Florida truther on my side than UM fans who hate our biggest advantage as a program :noidea:

- there have been 52 NFL players on NFL rosters in the 2018 regular season who attended a Broward County high school

- there have been 23 NFL players on NFL rosters in the 2018 regular season who attended a Palm Beach County high school.

- There have been 49 NFL players on NFL rosters in the 2018 regular season who attended a Miami-Dade County high school.

No one expects us not to lose. Everyone expects us to perform better than we did when we have the talent advantage that we do.

South FLorida kids are overrated. We have delusional people like you giving me these statisitics LMAO. I bet you go to sleep at night with this. you can find thiose same stats from texas, georgia, california etc.....

nothing special about a kid from south flroida.

the south flrodida legend Duke is nothing in the NFL. gus is a better RB. and you guys were pimping him out to be the ebst college rb. LOL!!!

same with stacy coley "omgggg hes gonna ball out in the NFL f u golden" babaabab dudes exactly how he was in HS and college. soft as s hit.

rememebr tracy howard the south florida 5 star hahahah "he gonna ball out man hes from south florida"

Advertisement
Gus Edwards' 100 yard games have come against three defenses ranked in the bottom of the league for Total Defense. Oakland being the highest rated defense at 26th. Tampa checking in at 28th. And Cincinnati literally the worst defense in the league.

If we look at just run defense. Same pile of sh*t except Oakland is the worst in the league.

His longest run? 26 yards.

Touchdowns? 2.

Gus Edwards' 100 yard games have come against three defenses ranked in the bottom of the league for Total Defense. Oakland being the highest rated defense at 26th. Tampa checking in at 28th. And Cincinnati literally the worst defense in the league.

If we look at just run defense. Same pile of sh*t except Oakland is the worst in the league.

His longest run? 26 yards.

Touchdowns? 2.

Running against these Defenses is so easy, even Mark Walton could do it!

Walton vs. ATL (24th Defense) - 5 for 9 yds
Walton vs. TB (28th Defense) - 2 for 7 yds
Walton vs. KC (31st Defense) - 4 for 10 yds

Which is why i said that about Barkley: he had 4 games that he was great in per season in college but then was very mediocre otherwise

This is not a "fact". And no matter how many times you say it, it'll never be close to a fact.

Vs. P5 - Here's Barkley's Freshman Year vs. Walton's Career

Total Games - Barkley 9, Walton 22
100 yd Games - Barkley 4, Walton 3
60 yd Games - Barkley 9, Walton 5
4.0+ ypc Games - Barkley 8, Walton 6

This is not a "fact". And no matter how many times you say it, it'll never be close to a fact.

Vs. P5 - Here's Barkley's Freshman Year vs. Walton's Career

Total Games - Barkley 9, Walton 22
100 yd Games - Barkley 4, Walton 3
60 yd Games - Barkley 9, Walton 5
4.0+ ypc Games - Barkley 8, Walton 6
78FF2C57-3E76-475B-99A8-F3E697CE9D1B.jpeg

AACD7CA8-FF65-43E9-868F-3FDD9D2B179C.png

That’s pretty feast or famine if you ask me. Per year he has 4-5 great games and was mediocre in the other outings of the season. With that being said he’s been great so far in the league

Advertisement
What Gus is doing right now is being totally underrated.

Miami RB's Career Rushing Yds (Since Frank Gore graduated in 2004):

Lamar Miller - 5,808
Duke Johnson - 1,253
Gus Edwards - 550
All Others Combined - 602

Running against these Defenses is so easy, even Mark Walton could do it!

Walton vs. ATL (24th Defense) - 5 for 9 yds
Walton vs. TB (28th Defense) - 2 for 7 yds
Walton vs. KC (31st Defense) - 4 for 10 yds

Not sure your point. Are you saying Walton should have received more carries? I wasn't comparing anyone. Simply highlighting Gus Edwards best games came against some of the worst defenses.

View attachment 71805
View attachment 71806

That’s pretty feast or famine if you ask me. Per year he has 4-5 great games and was mediocre in the other outings of the season. With that being said he’s been great so far in the league

OK - Now are you going to put up Walton's game log too? If you do, you'll see that....

Vs. P5

- If you combine Barkley & Walton's Top 10 games - The First 9 would be Barkley's
- If you combine Barkley & Walton's Top 30 games - 25 would be Barkley's & 5 would be Walton's
- Barkley had more games over 150 yds (8) than Walton had over 50 yds (7)
- Barkley averaged over 4.0 ypc in 23 of 31 games (74%). Walton averaged over 4.0 ypc in 6 of 22 games (27%)

It's not even close. You've said you would take Mark Walton & Ronald Jones over Barkley. You should stop.

OK - Now are you going to put up Walton's game log too? If you do, you'll see that....

Vs. P5

- If you combine Barkley & Walton's Top 10 games - The First 9 would be Barkley's
- If you combine Barkley & Walton's Top 30 games - 25 would be Barkley's & 5 would be Walton's
- Barkley had more games over 150 yds (8) than Walton had over 50 yds (7)
- Barkley averaged over 4.0 ypc in 23 of 31 games (74%). Walton averaged over 4.0 ypc in 6 of 22 games (27%)

It's not even close. You've said you would take Mark Walton & Ronald Jones over Barkley. You should stop.
Not talking about walton right now, I’m talking about Barkley. And jones was more the efficient player in college but he clearly hasn’t translated well for the nfl so far and has been a bust for my bucs so far

Advertisement
Not sure your point. Are you saying Walton should have received more carries? I wasn't comparing anyone. Simply highlighting Gus Edwards best games came against some of the worst defenses.

I'm pointing out when giving an opportunity against both good & bad defenses, Gus did well and Walton did not.

Some other examples:

Vs. PIT (11th) - Collins 11-42, Gus 1-10, Walton 2 - -2 yds
Vs. CAR (8th) - Collins, 11-49, Gus 2-12
Vs. TEN (9th) - Collins 19-54 , Gus 10-42
Vs. CIN (32nd) - Collins 9-35 , Collins 7-18, Gus 17-115

Gus played well in limited carries vs. good defenses, which is what earned him the carries over the last 5 games (which I agree happened to be bad teams).

But to say "Gus is just doing it against bad teams" doesn't tell the whole story - because Gus also ran well against good Defenses, and was able get yards against bad Defenses when others couldn't

Not talking about walton right now, I’m talking about Barkley. And jones was more the efficient player in college but he clearly hasn’t translated well for the nfl so far and has been a bust for my bucs so far

No...on Page 12 of this thread you said:

"No. I said Barkley was feast or famine in college like Walton and it’s a fact."

So yes - you were comparing Barkley to Walton. And you just said this yesterday.

No...on Page 12 of this thread you said:

"No. I said Barkley was feast or famine in college like Walton and it’s a fact."

So yes - you were comparing Barkley to Walton. And you just said this yesterday.
Walton was feast or famine in COLLEGE, that’s a fact.

Barkley WAS feast or famine in COLLEGE TOO, so far he’s been great in the nfl....

Advertisement
Pitiful that cis discussing Edwards. He had very little playing time with us and transferred to Rutgers. Who cares what he is now doing in nfl. This discussion reflects how desperate this forum is debating the ability of a Gus Edwards. The most important issue is what happens at the beginning of every nfl game on tv broadcast. They list starters on offense and defense of the teams. Rarely is there a Cane player starting on most nfl games. In the past the league had as many as 40 Canes every year on nfl rosters. Many of them were starters. These last 15 years has killed the Canes brand. We are a nobody in college football and a nobody in the nfl. No sign of things changing in the future.

Walton was feast or famine in COLLEGE, that’s a fact.

Barkley WAS feast or famine in COLLEGE TOO, so far he’s been great in the nfl....

Walton gained 60 or more yards in 6 of his 22 games (27%). He averaged over 4.0 ypc in 5 of those games (83%)
Barkley gained 60 or more yards in 25 of his 31 games (80%). He averaged over 4.0 ypc in 23 of those games (92%)

Your "They're both Feast or Famine" comparison is awful. Barkley is Thanksgiving dinner on a farm. Walton is a salad in a desert.

Walton gained 60 or more yards in 6 of his 22 games (27%). He averaged over 4.0 ypc in 5 of those games (83%)
Barkley gained 60 or more yards in 25 of his 31 games (80%). He averaged over 4.0 ypc in 23 of those games (92%)

Your "They're both Feast or Famine" comparison is awful. Barkley is Thanksgiving dinner on a farm. Walton is a salad in a desert.
Since when is a 60 yards threshold great or even good for an “elite” college back, it’s not

Since when is a 60 yards threshold great or even good for an “elite” college back, it’s not

150 yds - Barkley 26%, Walton 0%
120 yds - Barkley 32%, Walton 9%
100 yds - Barkley 39% , Walton 14%
80 yds - Barkley 58%, Walton 18%
60 yds - Barkley 80%, Walton 27%

Which threshold works for you?

Advertisement
Back