Gus Edwards through 4 games

I have no interest in hating on someone who chose to sign with UM, but I thinks its a fair statement to say that Gus Edwards was (is) simply not a D1 caliber running back. I used to joke and say that the next time Gus Edwards breaks a tackle will be the first broken tackle of his career. Still waiting for that.

In truth, he was a typical AL Golden Special. An un-athletic guy who looked the part but could not play it. He would show flashes against the bottom feeder teams and look outmatched by any decent team.

I do wish Gus Edwards the best in life. He was always a high character kid (to my knowledge). I hope he gets his degree and pursues a career of his choosing, but he was far from a UM caliber running back.

lol

Advertisement
Advertisement
C YRDs Ave LNG TD
Gus Edwards 62 259 4.2 25 2

I've seen a lot of threads about what a blow it was to lose this guy but can anyone with a straight face say they would want him taking even a single carry from Homer?

Dude is average in every way, he's only the third best RB on his own team smh..
Is it Richt fault?

“He runs to high and soft”
Lol....
F0803E9A-5D10-4625-B2DB-DBFB823A34A6.jpeg

Advertisement
Advertisement
Gus Edwards is still below average... just stop the bull****.. I'm a ravens fan cut it out. Collins is injured and Dixon can't stay healthy.. Edwards is not a starting caliber back period. I bet you we draft a running back next year.

Gus Edwards is still below average... just stop the bull****.. I'm a ravens fan cut it out. Collins is injured and Dixon can't stay healthy.. Edwards is not a starting caliber back period. I bet you we draft a running back next year.
The hate continues.

Advertisement
"flash against bottom feeders"

raiders are bottom feeder
This is the NFL, not college. You go over 100 yards against three seperate teams, there's something there. How are the backs that were ahead of Gus here doing? That's the real question.

Don’t do that. You were the same one saying Walton is better than Barkley
No I said Barkley was feast or famine in college like walton and it’s a fact. Barkley has been great in the nfl, starting off great in the league so far

Advertisement
Back