Gus Edwards through 4 games

I have no interest in hating on someone who chose to sign with UM, but I thinks its a fair statement to say that Gus Edwards was (is) simply not a D1 caliber running back. I used to joke and say that the next time Gus Edwards breaks a tackle will be the first broken tackle of his career. Still waiting for that.

In truth, he was a typical AL Golden Special. An un-athletic guy who looked the part but could not play it. He would show flashes against the bottom feeder teams and look outmatched by any decent team.

I do wish Gus Edwards the best in life. He was always a high character kid (to my knowledge). I hope he gets his degree and pursues a career of his choosing, but he was far from a UM caliber running back.

He just broke a massive tavkle on his 74 yard TD today check the link i posted

Vern,
He did not break a single tackle on that run. Go watch the video again. The only defender that touched him slipped and fell down, totally whiffed. The streak is still alive. Gus has never broken a tackle in his career.

DMsN4D4VAAAx4mi.jpg:large

Advertisement
I don’t see why people hate gus like that. He left to be the featured back and that’s fine. Anyone in his situation would have thought about it too let’s be real

This is what Gus did to Perdue:

[video=youtube;YSfNmL0qMKA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSfNmL0qMKA[/video]

Advertisement
I'd rather Yearby had stayed... He'd be our starting RB right now and a good chance at putting up great numbers.

Advertisement
"In the last few games though, Edwards has shown an ability to get into position to use his size and speed. His initial cut may not be the same as the other backs, but he has a knack for getting himself moving with enough momentum to make him tough to bring down. His power eventually wears down the defense when aided by any threat of a pass. If he can get back to the line of scrimmage he seems to be able to get four yards almost every time. He also shows some speed getting to the edge. "

Good for him. I'd still rather have a true freshman baller being rewarded for his loyalty and hard work while gaining much-needed experience.

I don’t see why people hate gus like that. He left to be the featured back and that’s fine. Anyone in his situation would have thought about it too let’s be real

Nobody hates the kid, we’re just tired of hearing about him. I literally dgaf what he ever does, I’ll never think he’s a special player. He’s just not. No matter how many times Vern posts about him, he’s still just ok and other than depth, we didn’t lose anything when he left.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Who gives a flying **** about this kid. He was never good at Miami. Such a soft player.

Advertisement
Back