Gus Edwards another 100 yard game

Advertisement
Wasn’t Brown the one that said he should’ve given Gus more carries? And I think he tried to do so near the end but it was too little too late.(I thought Brown said this about Gus but maybe ihe said it about another RB?)

I remember Brown saying we had two elite backs in 2016. I now assume he meant Gus and Walton

Golden was a good recruiter. That wasn't the issue. His issue was not using the talent. He recruited 4-3 guys, made them get fat and made them play in a 3-4. On offense he was afraid to use his players because he played not to lose. Everyone remembers that Nebraska game his last season. We're up 33-10 and we let them back in the game because he took his foot off the gas.

Advertisement
I mean, good for Gus...he made a good call in leaving and I don't blame him. The 3 in front of him were better backs for us. Congrats to the OP for Gus's accomplishments....I guess? (I don't really know what you're hoping for here OP...and no, Golden didn't do great...raise your standards)

Golden was a good recruiter. That wasn't the issue. His issue was not using the talent. He recruited 4-3 guys, made them get fat and made them play in a 3-4. On offense he was afraid to use his players because he played not to lose. Everyone remembers that Nebraska game his last season. We're up 33-10 and we let them back in the game because he took his foot off the gas.

I actually agree with this. Not using the talent, to me, was a function of poor staff management more than anything. He tied his wagon to a disaster of a defensive coordinator and the mediocrity spread from there, IMO.

All I will say is his defense would look better with a senior JJ, Willis anchoring the nose, etc

Advertisement
but the golden recruit from NY runs too high?

Duke da Gaw from SFL is better baby. That's according to the posters on here.

Golden did a **** of a job recruiting here for what he came into too. Zero depth, zero talent, and he recruited well and found some lower star kids that were great ball players.

Big Al Golden did a **** of a job here considering the circumstance

Gus is a product of the system right now. There is a reason he didn't make the team to start the year. He really isn't that good.

REMEMBER, HE STARTED RUNNING ONE THE PISTOL SPREAD WAS IMPLEMENTED WITH LAMAR JACKSON.

Alfred Morris received the same fruits with RG3.

Advertisement
And the only reason he is getting carries now is cause the 3 RBs that were in front of him got hurt....come next season he will be back to the bench with little playing time
This is the best the Ravens have looked in 5 years and Gus is averaving 5.1 yds. per carry for 642 yds. as the feature back (581 yds. in the last 6 games) Why would a coach mess with these results?

but the golden recruit from NY runs too high?

Duke da Gaw from SFL is better baby. That's according to the posters on here.

Golden did a **** of a job recruiting here for what he came into too. Zero depth, zero talent, and he recruited well and found some lower star kids that were great ball players.

Big Al Golden did a **** of a job here considering the circumstance
Moron!

Advertisement
Why do we have a thread on Gud Edwards? He does not claim to be a Cane, he is listed as a Rutger alumni! It’s embarrasing we claim him as a Cane!

Why do we have a thread on Gud Edwards? He does not claim to be a Cane, he is listed as a Rutger alumni! It’s embarrasing we claim him as a Cane!

Hmm

Attachments

• 5D2BE34F-D675-46C7-936F-84E3C8D222CB.jpeg
    5D2BE34F-D675-46C7-936F-84E3C8D222CB.jpeg
    146.9 KB · Views: 14
Advertisement
Back