Gus 240lbs?

The successful trend for Oregon & NFL teams is to have their skill guys slim down & lose weight but if this staph had their way the RB depth chart would be late-career Jerome Bettis, Jorvorskie Lane, Shonn Greene & Nate Ilaoa. The 90s Big 10 wouldn't stand a chance against these Canes.

Last I checked Gus is the only big back on our roster and top nfl and college teams are still littered with guys who are big and fast.

No... Trayone Gray is only a tad bit smaller than Gus... I would say Gus is 240 .. Trayone is 230... and he looks good... He may be a bit more elusive than Gus... Yearby and Walton looks small compared to the other players on the field... but the two of them are easily 195 - 205 pounds and ripped... they are grown men...

I probably overlooked Gray because I have never thought of him as a true rb, but I stand corrected. I could be way off, but it will be interesting to see how they use him this year.

Regardless I would rather have a stable of grown *** men who have speed than a bunch of little scat backs. That is what Miami football has always been built on despite the revisionists who say we were always small and fast. We did play some undersized linebackers but to me Miami football is big, fast, and mean. Any true Miami team would crush Oregon and their gimmicks. Let's hope we get back to that sometime soon.

Advertisement
Love seeing the slurpers come in with their straw man arguments about scatbacks. I never said anything about scatbacks. I was talking about big backs losing weight to increase mobility. It's not rocket science, nor is it a question of wanting big backs vs. small backs. Oregon's top 2 backs are both over 6' & 220 lbs. btw but don't let that deter your ignorant narratives.

Royce Freeman - Oregon Ducks - 2015 Player Profile - Rotoworld.com
Steelers RB Le'Veon Bell dropped 20 pounds in the offseason - Behind the Steel Curtain

Advertisement
Back