Gus 240lbs?

The successful trend for Oregon & NFL teams is to have their skill guys slim down & lose weight but if this staph had their way the RB depth chart would be late-career Jerome Bettis, Jorvorskie Lane, Shonn Greene & Nate Ilaoa. The 90s Big 10 wouldn't stand a chance against these Canes.

Last I checked Gus is the only big back on our roster and top nfl and college teams are still littered with guys who are big and fast.

Advertisement
The successful trend for Oregon & NFL teams is to have their skill guys slim down & lose weight but if this staph had their way the RB depth chart would be late-career Jerome Bettis, Jorvorskie Lane, Shonn Greene & Nate Ilaoa. The 90s Big 10 wouldn't stand a chance against these Canes.

Last I checked Gus is the only big back on our roster and top nfl and college teams are still littered with guys who are big and fast.
Trayone gray is also pretty big

Advertisement

Trayone gray is also pretty big

Fair enough but the point is just because Oregon is trimming down doesn't mean it is a trend. Small and fast is a commodity but I like it better than big and slow. I love big and fast.

Advertisement
Gus isn't 240. Probably 225-230 tops but he is still fast for his size.

I'm the driver on the Gus bus big year for him I see.

Derrick Henry doesn't impress me. He's nimble at his size, but that line is responsible for majority of his success.. Dude ain't making nothing happen on his eon he's stiffer than Gus.

If Gus keeps improving, he'll be a very good back for us this year. If he stays for his senior year, which I think he will, we'll have a really, really solid backfield.

A hand-timed 4.5 @ around 240 isn't hard to believe. That would make him a legit 4.6 type of guy. Very believable.

Advertisement
I'll care about what his 40 time is when he starts running like an actual running back. Don't really give a **** about his measurables when his running style was so frustrating to watch last season. Prove that he's learned to run in traffic and I'll be his #1 fan.

I'm not very high on the season but I thought Gus had some good moments toward the end of the season (don't remember which games it was). Ran with a lower pad level and showed some decent vision and balance.

I guess we will see what he looks like this year. RB recruiting has been a major disappointment and even so we do have some decent talent there.

Advertisement
U
Saw him in practice on Sunday... He is as big as a Moose and as swift as a Gazelle. #impressive

You've gotten to see the new tracking equipment... What's your opinion on it? If he can get those pads down he will punish people this year. God help the DB who tries to take him head up.

U
Saw him in practice on Sunday... He is as big as a Moose and as swift as a Gazelle. #impressive

You've gotten to see the new tracking equipment... What's your opinion on it? If he can get those pads down he will punish people this year. God help the DB who tries to take him head up.

DBs, LBs and DL... In Terry McCray's defense practice was at Thud Tempo.... but on one play McCray was in the wrong place at the wrong time... He was standing directly in Gus's path... I was like wow.... he (Gus) is going to hurt somebody.

No... Trayone Gray is only a tad bit smaller than Gus... I would say Gus is 240 .. Trayone is 230... and he looks good... He may be a bit more elusive than Gus... Yearby and Walton looks small compared to the other players on the field... but the two of them are easily 195 - 205 pounds and ripped... they are grown men...

Advertisement
Back