Gurvan Hall High on Canes (SIAP)

Advertisement
Frierson and Blades are canes.
Hall and Ivey are very likely to be Canes.

And its going to be all out war to get Campbell and Jobe. We better be on Asante Samuel hard.

This is a perfect assessment of the 2018 battle for DBs.

If we get Frierson, Blades, Ivey and Hall, anything on top of that is gravy, and South Florida is loaded with DB's anyway in 2018, not really worried about what Jobe, Samuel, etc. may or may not do.

No it isnt gravy...2018 is loaded then we need to load up. If there are 20 talented CBs and Safeties in south florida then we need 4 CBs and 3 safeties. Anything after THAT is gravy.

And Seider at UF is going to make it interesting. The fact that he's leaning towards us now is a good thing but we all should know how these things usually play out.

Yea I'll tell you how it'll play out.
He's going to sign with Miami and UF will say it's because they got a new DB coach, while Miami fans will say its brcause Saban cooled on him

Advertisement
Whats the hype for Jobe? and I'm asking in regards to his age playing a part in my question. Is he turning 19 or 20 by season? if 20, then dude is a CFB junior playing against 15-18year olds, of course he looks like a stud...

He turns 19 before next season.

The hype is the fact that he's a 6'1 180+ pound DB that has an elite physical profile. He will play at 200+ pounds and carry the weight without losing any of his current athleticism.

I get the concern over an older prospect, but his sophomore and junior play is elite regardless of class, so it's not like he just started playing well once he was older.

His blend of athleticism, burst, and instinct is extremely rare, he can be a legit CB or S. He's basically another Deon Bush (whom I always thought would've been a first rounder at CB -- I believe that's where Bama wanted him)

Hall, Frierson, Russell.

Get those 3 and we have one **** of a safety class

And any of em bolts take Watt in their place. Like him at Free. Actually if you like Free over Strong, Take him over Russell...But Russell has the offer, Watt not yet.

Jobe is gone? I've seen it a few times in the thread. Done deal already. ...tell me something El...u know something

Advertisement
Yeah I don't understand the Jobe is gone **** either. A. he likes Miami B. If we have a really strong season nobody is out of the question.
Kids wanna like Miami. We just hafta beat FSU to cement us being back. It's a must.

Why all the negativity about Jobe! I've never seen anything where the kid has wavered. Of course all the top teams will not stop recruiting him or any of our top recruits that are committed. At least wait until there is some legitimate proof that the kid is reconsidering his commitment

Frierson, Hall, Russell, and keep Jobe or Campbell for cb/safety. Blades, Ivey, 1 or two more

Advertisement
Yeah I don't understand the Jobe is gone **** either. A. he likes Miami B. If we have a really strong season nobody is out of the question.
Kids wanna like Miami. We just hafta beat FSU to cement us being back. It's a must.

Jobe's gone because he wore Alabama gloves in a game. You know that means he's automatically going there according to CIS logic

See a lot of people prepping their nalgas for the potential loss of Jobe, saying "not worried if he leaves, SFL is loaded at DB in 18"... But, u need to go rewatch this kids tape. I think him and Lingard are the most exciting talent on our board for 18 and we need to keep this type of talent home. I think we will

Only delusional homers would say something like that. **** is just like when Yearby committed, and everyone was like Oh Yearbys as good as or better than cook bro.

Whats the hype for Jobe? and I'm asking in regards to his age playing a part in my question. Is he turning 19 or 20 by season? if 20, then dude is a CFB junior playing against 15-18year olds, of course he looks like a stud...
I heard similar things said about Kelvin Benjamin. It's a flawed logic. Kids don't stop improving at 20!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement
The fact that Hall stayed at P.B. Lakes, instead of bolting for the pedigreed program at Dwyer says a lot about this kids make up IMHO. Sounds like the type of kid to stay home an rep South Florida even if he has Saban beating down his door.

Josh Jobe is the better prospect right now, but Hall is right there in terms of talent. Russell is where you see a drop off, but he's really good too. DB & WR groups for 2018 are way better than 2017.

Seen an article on another site where Banda told DJ Ivey they're targeting 5 dbs this class. Hall, Frierson, Blades, Jobe, and himself. Idk about you guys but I was hoping to take more than five in this loaded class.

Seen an article on another site where Banda told DJ Ivey they're targeting 5 dbs this class. Hall, Frierson, Blades, Jobe, and himself. Idk about you guys but I was hoping to take more than five in this loaded class.

6 is the limit, kids will decommit if you take more.

Advertisement
Back