Gurvan and Jennings Gone

We have been terrible at interceptions as a team for a long time.

As the defense gets more and more figured out, they have become more rare.

The number of offensive coordinators who understand you can’t run slow developing plays on us is ever increasing. All they have to do is be patient and strike fast.

We show them exactly where to run the ball because of our unbalanced alignments. We show them exactly where to throw it with soft coverage and grass-guarding zones. Even with NFL defensive ends, we underperformed in takeaways the last few seasons. Now that they are gone…..
Any OC with a capable QB can shred this defense.

Advertisement
@Poopscoop ....I can't lie...When I saw him in HS....I honestly thought he was gonna Ball...same for Frierson...Seemed like all they did was make play after play, and against stout competition no less.
I have this conversation with him on a regular. He's playing out of position too. With ease out of all of our other dbs(pre jits) he has the best ball skills. Mandy promised him his sophomore year he'd switch him to free where scouts have shown they want to see what he can do. He never has. The issue is this striker crap really puts you into a box. The way the position is viewed from a scout perspective is basically your not capable of being a safety or a linebacker but you have minimal traits of each. Too small to be a linebacker and not physical enough & too limited to be a safety because you lack range... I'd love to see him get burn at free. I think he would've excelled there. Gurvan to me is what you'd look for in a striker if anything because the mental side of the game is where he starts to lose it. He questions everything & then starts to get sloppy with his fundamentals. You can literally see the exact moment he starts to get in his head every time.

Advertisement
There’s a lot of *** **** going on , especially when guys lose their spot. It’s crazy. This is our culture , these kids cant handle being benched since they’ve never been shown accountability. Then suddenly manny drops it on them in year 3 lol. And it’s more than just Hall.

Just like on Yellowstone last night.... Kid you dont deserve **** and no one else does either... now get the F out of my truck...
Hall got the same coaching as Jaquan Johnson and Redwine

Why didn’t they suck ***?

So true... these guys just keep singing the same ol song regardless... I mean I thought TRob was the gawd! This happened on his watch. So which is it? TRob sucks and cant develop or is he still great? Halls biggest step backward was after TRob.

Just like on Yellowstone last night.... Kid you dont deserve **** and no one else does either... now get the F out of my truck...

So true... these guys just keep singing the same ol song regardless... I mean I thought TRob was the gawd! This happened on his watch. So which is it? TRob sucks and cant develop or is he still great? Halls biggest step backward was after TRob.
So how many coaches must be fired or fail here to realize the problem is the idiot hiring them? Manny has replaced everyone on staff minus him end Patke. The only constants are them.

Remember when Enos was a bum? Then Baker ? Then Rumph , the bartender, Searles ? It goes on and on yet the same people are defending this guy lol. It’s like they’re manny fans more than the actual team. But act like they are the good fans. It’s too funny. All I can do is laugh.

So how many coaches must be fired or fail here to realize the problem is the idiot hiring them? Manny has replaced everyone on staff minus him end Patke. The only constants are them.

Remember when Enos was a bum? Then Baker ? Then Rumph , the bartender, Searles ? It goes on and on yet the same people are defending this guy lol. It’s like they’re manny fans more than the actual team. But act like they are the good fans. It’s too funny. All I can do is laugh.
The same No D Manny who's defense is 109th in the country in points allowed against fbs teams. Defending him is laughable at best

Advertisement
He is and he is playing hard. But really he should be a backup or the third best linebacker. I'd rather see Steed in the middle than Flagg. Neither is fast but at least Steed has more size.

If you had to guess what would you say Steed’s 40 would be?

But…but…he can still be a good CEO type head coach!

All the super fans are bashing Gurvan but explain why he’s been starting as long as he has but failing so badly? Who put him out there ? Who developed him? Oh I know , that’s crazy talk. Let’s just say how much he sucks. People here “ support the players “ until they must protect the guy getting paid millions to suck.

Advertisement
lots of spinning going on here. Hall got passed by better players and hit the exit button- WTF is that? Jennings was not a good LB in my book and also hit the exit button when passed. Blaming Manny when players quit is far reaching. Yeah a little bit of both involved but who quits on the team midseason bc they got passed by better players? When adversity hits quitting is the worst option as simple as that in my book.

Not even sure how this response got all mixed up but the second part wasnt to you... my bad...

I am not saying fire everyone... just that things are more complicated than they appear and consistency makes sense. If TRob is good and Hall declined under him then is it the coach or the kid? TRob was singing this dudes praises before the season so you know TRob loved him at one point. If TVD turned into what we have now do the coaches any credit. Dude looks like a first rounder yet not one person saw this coming. Who gets credit here?

If it all comes from the top then it also flows to the top.

I dont trust this BOT to hire another coach. I dont... I want Blake gone and let the new AD come in and make a rational decision which would include fighting about pay scales. If you dont take that approach then your not getting out of the cycle... your just rolling the dice again. The only change that will fix Miami is a change above the coach that will change how the football program is viewed. For me if this team wins out then the best thing to do is stay pat and let the next AD do his thing.

I agree these kids need to know from day 1 you may earn a starting spot but it aint yours and if you dont earn it every single week then dont expect to start. I want kids fighting each other in practice for letting the team down. Manny is learning the hard way and we are taking our lumps in the process but if this team wins the ACC then they have exceeded every expectation put on them this year by anyone in the know thats not a Miami fan. They were never going to win more than that and these kids are fighting harder in these last 5 games than they have in some time. They are winning and showing improvements. If the program was on fire then this wouldnt be happening. These guys walking is a positive to me... it may of taken some time to get here but it shows change. If they keep winning then its only a positive change.

Advertisement
Not even sure how this response got all mixed up but the second part wasnt to you... my bad...

I am not saying fire everyone... just that things are more complicated than they appear and consistency makes sense. If TRob is good and Hall declined under him then is it the coach or the kid? TRob was singing this dudes praises before the season so you know TRob loved him at one point. If TVD turned into what we have now do the coaches any credit. Dude looks like a first rounder yet not one person saw this coming. Who gets credit here?

If it all comes from the top then it also flows to the top.

I dont trust this BOT to hire another coach. I dont... I want Blake gone and let the new AD come in and make a rational decision which would include fighting about pay scales. If you dont take that approach then your not getting out of the cycle... your just rolling the dice again. The only change that will fix Miami is a change above the coach that will change how the football program is viewed. For me if this team wins out then the best thing to do is stay pat and let the next AD do his thing.

I agree these kids need to know from day 1 you may earn a starting spot but it aint yours and if you dont earn it every single week then dont expect to start. I want kids fighting each other in practice for letting the team down. Manny is learning the hard way and we are taking our lumps in the process but if this team wins the ACC then they have exceeded every expectation put on them this year by anyone in the know thats not a Miami fan. They were never going to win more than that and these kids are fighting harder in these last 5 games than they have in some time. They are winning and showing improvements. If the program was on fire then this wouldnt be happening. These guys walking is a positive to me... it may of taken some time to get here but it shows change. If they keep winning then its only a positive change.
The quote threw me off a little so I just responded lol.

4.8 or 4.9

I bet he was faster before all the injuries
4.8 or 4.9

I bet he was faster before all the injuries

This was pre-Second ACL but I’m guessing he isn’t too far off from that right now. I would say maybe 4.70 but that’s just a guess.

Attachments

• 7F046BCF-AD6D-4E69-BBDE-74226047B911.jpeg
    7F046BCF-AD6D-4E69-BBDE-74226047B911.jpeg
    656.6 KB · Views: 69
I did not read all 9 pages so I apologize if this has been discussed but...

What's up with leaving mid-season? They've both played in more than 4 games so a redshirt year is not an option for them (not sure if either shirted previously). Why not stick around, finish the season then make a move? Apparently they have no love for the game or team or program or school or something.

What about school? Its mid-semester. They need to be here through Christmas break to finish classes, no? The timing of this move seems strange to me.
Focusing on their education is the only thing positive to not being with the team. I'd rather them not be with the team if they're just going to mope around and not support their brothers.

Advertisement
Back