Gurvan and Jennings Gone

Have we landed any blue chip from Florida that worked out. I'll wait
I am not sure I follow what you’re saying. Are you saying we haven’t landed any blue chip recruits from the state of Florida?

Last edited:
Advertisement
I still recall Rod Mack being among the first Butch recruits, starting early on Then got passed up by better guys. But still played a valuable back-up/rotation role and special teams. That's the way it should be

But I really think those days are loooong gone for most programs now
Ehhh. I'd disagree with those days being long gone. Here, yes absolutely. However building depth and a solid rotation is more a symptom of kids having respect for their teammates,captains and coaches. A kid will generally stay and fight for something he loves and respects. You notice the transfer markets are generally flooded by the same schools or the kids trying to prove they're not system players. If a kid doesn't trust in the staff and the system he's gonna clear it at the first sign of adversity. That's just human nature and the fight to survive. It's gonna get worse before it gets better. Alot worse

Ehhh. I'd disagree with those days being long gone. Here, yes absolutely. However building depth and a solid rotation is more a symptom of kids having respect for their teammates,captains and coaches. A kid will generally stay and fight for something he loves and respects. You notice the transfer markets are generally flooded by the same schools or the kids trying to prove they're not system players. If a kid doesn't trust in the staff and the system he's gonna clear it at the first sign of adversity. That's just human nature and the fight to survive. It's gonna get worse before it gets better. Alot worse

soooo... you're saying this is Miami man-made Diazster, huh?

Advertisement
To all the people happy about this because the younger guys get to play…doesn’t it worry you that this happens over and over again? Every time I think about how this older guy who now sucks was the younger guy we all wanted to take over for the older guys who sucked then. Maybe, and this is just a thought, maybe the kids are fine and it’s just the coaches who fail? Like maybe we have a bunch of talent but only the kids who don’t need much coaching succeed. I’m just saying, don’t be too happy, some of these young guys you’re sprung on will be transferring in a year or two.

0059F13E-70B8-444B-9C1F-429CAE31E96C.jpg

Advertisement
@Poopscoop ....I can't lie...When I saw him in HS....I honestly thought he was gonna Ball...same for Frierson...Seemed like all they did was make play after play, and against stout competition no less.
I’m at the point. I have to see kids fail in another system to really put the blame on them. All I have seen is kids on defense regress after year 1.

It's a good thing that kids have the Portal and other transfer options. Things don't always work out. Many of us have changed jobs and even spouses (girlfriends). It's life. Move on and find your place.

Advertisement
Jennings was limited to begin with and injuries didn’t help him any. He did the best he could and hope he succeeds with whatever he chooses to do going forward.

Hall is certainly a disappointment for whatever reason. Wish him well also.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back