Gurvan and Jennings Gone

Advertisement
Manny was more loyal to this Jennings kid than any player in the nation. Big reason so many hated Mannys player management. He finally gets benched, then dips. This culture is beyond screwed. It’s why you can’t let the young kids who will soon be screwed over the longer they’re here make you change your mind about Manny and co. Clean house

Maybe if we actually tackled in practice he would’ve seen these guys can’t tackle for ****.

1899, at least with Hall he looked the part. I mean, this is classic 'built like Tarzan, plays like Jane', there. But Jennings, all you had to do was see him run a few times and understanding how limited he was physically

Same thing with Flagg

And when I see TAC, I at least see athleticism.

1899, at least with Hall he looked the part. I mean, this is classic 'built like Tarzan, plays like Jane', there. But Jennings, all you had to do was see him run a few times and understanding how limited he was physically

Same thing with Flagg

And when I see TAC, I at least see athleticism.
Hall looked the part for sure but never played at full speed. Seemed afraid

Manny was more loyal to this Jennings kid than any player in the nation. Big reason so many hated Mannys player management. He finally gets benched, then dips. This culture is beyond screwed. It’s why you can’t let the young kids who will soon be screwed over the longer they’re here make you change your mind about Manny and co. Clean house

I still recall Rod Mack being among the first Butch recruits, starting early on Then got passed up by better guys. But still played a valuable back-up/rotation role and special teams. That's the way it should be

But I really think those days are loooong gone for most programs now

Advertisement
You play your best players. Period. Forget about seniority and sentimentality. You make it fair for every kid to succeed, but at the end of the day you play your beat players no matter what.

And for the kids who can’t deal with that, they’ve got to get to stepping.

Jennings and Hall should have lost PT last year. They were not starters and it took Manny way too long to realize this.

Bradlee Jennings??? Didn’t he get hurt last week vs Pitt?

Oh well, thanks for playing for the Canes. Disappointed Gurvan didn’t work out here.

real housewives of new york nod GIF
Have we landed any blue chip from Florida that worked out. I'll wait

Advertisement
There’s a lot of *** **** going on , especially when guys lose their spot. It’s crazy. This is our culture , these kids cant handle being benched since they’ve never been shown accountability. Then suddenly manny drops it on them in year 3 lol. And it’s more than just Hall.

This is a huge reason Manny gotta go.

One of the most destructive and difficult things to do in life is discipline someone you have never disciplined.

Turning from good cop to bad cop always creates mutiny and the fallout gets UGLY. It hardly ever works. Your charges will almost never accept YOU as the alpha.

There will be way less damage if a competent coach comes in and lays down the law than if Manny does it. Too many players will see it as switching out and fake.

How the **** did we let ourselves get into such a situation?

When kids loaf or don't make plays or are lazy, it's the coaches' fault.

Also, when kids play hard and work and make plays, it's because of them and has nothing to do with coaches.

I just hope some of you realize how absolutely insane a lot of this is. My wife makes more sense than most of you.
It’s not just one game or that be season even, it’s about the patterns of how players play or how players play under coaches

I still recall Rod Mack being among the first Butch recruits, starting early on Then got passed up by better guys. But still played a valuable back-up/rotation role and special teams. That's the way it should be

But I really think those days are loooong gone for most programs now
Rod was a Great Dude. @Poopscoop was close to him as well....

Advertisement
There’s a lot of *** **** going on , especially when guys lose their spot. It’s crazy. This is our culture , these kids cant handle being benched since they’ve never been shown accountability. Then suddenly manny drops it on them in year 3 lol. And it’s more than just Hall.
Thank god manny has 44 just isn’t good. 26 was all hype and no substance. Hopefully more guys who stink will leave to open up schollys for more portal guys to chsnge the culture here next year

This is a huge reason Manny gotta go.

One of the most destructive and difficult things to do in life is discipline someone you have never disciplined.

Turning from good cop to bad cop always creates mutiny and the fallout gets UGLY. It hardly ever works. Your charges will almost never accept YOU as the alpha.

There will be way less damage if a competent coach comes in and lays down the law than if Manny does it. Too many players will see it as switching out and fake.

How the **** did we let ourselves get into such a situation?

Good post

Advertisement
From what I heard , he was a hard worker and knew all the plays but he just sucked , the young guys behind him was better
He didn’t care that much. Probably never watched any film.

Maybe he did what he had to do at practice but thats where it ends.

You play your best players. Period. Forget about seniority and sentimentality. You make it fair for every kid to succeed, but at the end of the day you play your beat players no matter what.

And for the kids who can’t deal with that, they’ve got to get to stepping.

Jennings and Hall should have lost PT last year. They were not starters and it took Manny way too long to realize this.

this was the stuff that he shouldve learned at Temple...

We have been terrible at interceptions as a team for a long time.

As the defense gets more and more figured out, they have become more rare.

The number of offensive coordinators who understand you can’t run slow developing plays on us is ever increasing. All they have to do is be patient and strike fast.

We show them exactly where to run the ball because of our unbalanced alignments. We show them exactly where to throw it with soft coverage and grass-guarding zones. Even with NFL defensive ends, we underperformed in takeaways the last few seasons. Now that they are gone…..
Absolutely spot on. We just don't create any real pressure. As you said, last year with NFL DEs we were bad at creating interceptions. OCs know exactly how to attack us and we make it very easy for them.

Advertisement
Back