Guidry

Advertisement
I liked the way we got hats to the football!..,. from the 1st to the last play. That’s a cultural thing. I know it’s only one game, but things are changing. Idk how many games we will win this year, but this feels different.
The effort exploded on screen. You can tell an emphasis was made on tackling.

Advertisement
Two things: Guidry isn’t going anywhere regardless of how well the defense plays this year. He’s not taking a lateral position as a DC somewhere else and he’s definitely not getting a head coaching offer any time soon.

Two: Edge players drop into coverage all the time now and it’s going to happen a lot more this year. I know some of you don’t actually watch football outside of 20 year old highlight videos but in the modern game “edge” players are essentially outside linebackers who not only have to rush the passer but also play in coverage also. Versatility is the key to good defense today. Nobody does just one thing anymore. Most positions are hybrid. Just because defensive ends always lined up in a three point stance and never left the line of scrimmage 35 years ago doesn’t mean that the game is played like that now.

It’s absurd to say we should abandon something because different personnel and different coaches weren’t successful with it
I like leaving the door open to hire me to implement my circa ‘07 split back pro-style, good looks JHall

Advertisement
Cause he asked each defensive player how they want to play... hmmmmmmm....

He was totally awesome, but can we cool our panties just a bit about a G5 victory and anointing anyone just for once in our illustrious history
Amen to that. It was encouraging, but let’s see what happens with the better offenses that we face that we need to keep off of the field to help our offense outscore them.

The effort exploded on screen. You can tell an emphasis was made on tackling.
They were physical but no personal fouls (tackling anyway) or targeting either. No forearm shivers that I saw on first 1.5 watches

Night and day difference

Advertisement
Advertisement
I didn’t realize that Stewart had over 100 yards receiving. They were quiet and not back breaking. Gotta think that this game bodes well for other games with good receivers, such as FSU.

The creativity with the front four generates some base pressure without bringing anyone. The blitzes came quick and from different areas. By the 4th Quarter ATM still didn't know where they were coming from.

The biggest thing I've noticed these last couple of weeks: the tackling and pursuit in open space. It finally looks like fundamental football.

Advertisement
Back