Guidry

I wouldn't say I'm annoyed that we didn't shut them out, I'm a little peeved we didn't lol that opportunity to put up a fat *** 0 in week 1 wouldve been nice af. But defense was very impressive.

LBs are for real. Francisco, Wes, Cloyd looked good.

Our DBs gotta then their heads but none of them really got roasted like MTSU. One of the RedHawks made a good *** catch for their biggest play.

Final thought, James Williams is slower than I remembered? Lol

Advertisement
Was definitely fun to see solid execution from defensive scheme. I also liked seeing a few looks that seemed to confuse and shut down stuff. Also, did we have a few complete defensive shifts pre snap? Thought I saw that ( was drinking 😎 )

He seems to have a good feel for using the right personnel for the situation (down and distance). We severely lacked this with Steele last year. I don't know if Steel was lazy or just didn't care last year. I find it hard to believe that he wasn't able to bring different packages for the situation. For example, I remember multiple times where he had our slowest linebacker in deep coverage or blitzing when we had the opponent in 3rd and long. That's going to be a passing play, 90% of the time. Knowing this, he had the wrong guys in there doing the wrong things. Was Frierson in the dog house that much last year where we couldn't find any playing time for him at all? He was clearly better than Blades and should have seen multiple snaps every games as one of our better tackers and defenders.

Anyway, it was definitely refreshing to see all the different looks, formations, packages that Guidry brought tonight.
Let’s be honest. Steele hasn’t been a good DC except at Alabama and Auburn where he’s had exceptional talent. Remember Dawson and West Virginia smoked that *** for 77 (pause) Other than that every stop he’s been has been awful. Lance looked better than him in week one and you know there is some things he wants to work on in week 2.

Advertisement
I wouldn't say I'm annoyed that we didn't shut them out, I'm a little peeved we didn't lol that opportunity to put up a fat *** 0 in week 1 wouldve been nice af. But defense was very impressive.

LBs are for real. Francisco, Wes, Cloyd looked good.

Our DBs gotta then their heads but none of them really got roasted like MTSU. One of the RedHawks made a good *** catch for their biggest play.

Final thought, James Williams is slower than I remembered? Lol
Williams isn’t slow on kick coverage, go back and watch, he was a blur a few times 💨 I think he loses focus and urgency at times. When he is engaged he is a terror on defense.

Except it worked perfectly.

I remember one time I was playing blackjack and a guy doubled down with an 8 vs a dealer 10. Guy ended up with a 15 and the dealer busted. Worked out perfectly for the guy that hand.....but doesnt make it a good decision given the expected return.

Advertisement
I remember one time I was playing blackjack and a guy doubled down with an 8 vs a dealer 10. Guy ended up with a 15 and the dealer busted. Worked out perfectly for the guy that hand.....but doesnt make it a good decision given the expected return.
Adam Sandler GIF by IFC

I hear you. But if you call it and it plays exactly how it should, then it was the right call.

Advertisement
Advertisement
He has a checkered past, if I remember correctly. The baggage has prevented him from climbing the coaching ranks, but Mario took a chance on him.
If Hugh Freeze. Bobby Petrino, and Steve Sarkisian can get rehired ... anything is possible. Enjoy Guidry while he is here.

Advertisement
Back