Guidry

Advertisement
I know it was Miami (OH), but we definitely looked alot better than last year. No poor angles, we set the edge, and got to the qb.

Most importantly, we did what we were supposed to
I feel like Miami OH is the type of team that plays fundamentally sound that always gives an undisciplined team like us fits

They didn’t have any turnovers or a ton of penalties (the punt was a bad one) we just smothered them on every level

I feel like Miami OH is the type of team that plays fundamentally sound that always gives an undisciplined team like us fits

They didn’t have any turnovers or a ton of penalties (the punt was a bad one) we just smothered them on every level
I don't know MAC football but I think they, Miami(OH), were an excellent test. They had a decent QB (I'm going off of some of his credentials) and played sound football.

In previous years, this type of team takes us in the 4th qtr and the game goes either way (example: vs App St in '21).

I was impressed by how we finshed. We ate all our dinner. We finshed blocks, our RBs and WRs ran through tackles and we wrapped up on D.

DA1807E9-0081-4BD0-9829-6C285CA3D665.jpeg

Advertisement
Don’t think so in terms of Guidry leaving. Where is he going to go? What I mean is that Guidry has not been a P5 DC because of some baggage but Mario took a chance on him. He’s not going to bail on Mario who just gave him an opportunity to be a P5 DC. Besides, Guidry has everything he could want here in order to rebuild his brand. Why the heck would he be in a hurry to bounce out? He’s going to have plenty of talent here in order for him to build some excellent defenses. No I think Guidry seizes this opportunity and sticks around especially if the defense keeps playing like they did today and gets better.

It's only one game but it was good to see a defense with different alignments that was aggressive but not reckless, didn't have a lot of holes, i.e. wide open receivers running free, and good, swarming tackling. Blitzes were timely and effective.

It is a mindset I don't understand. the worry over losing a DC that just called his first game. It's like people here in Phoenix that complain that summer is coming and it's going to be hot. I say, "yes, but this is December, it's 70 degrees and I can smoke a cigar on my patio while watching football. I'll deal with the heat when it gets here." We may eventually lose him but no need to get all twisted up ahead of time. Let's enjoy what we have.

My only criticsim would be dbs gotta turn their heads around. But I never covered anyone so I will STFU.
Porter did on a ball thrown to the goal line where he was mugging the WR. The announcer even commented that his head turn was textbook such that he could get away with so much contact. Otherwise, it would have been PI.

He was totally awesome, but can we cool our panties just a bit about a G5 victory and anointing anyone just for once in our illustrious history
I think everyone is jut happy the team did what it is supposed to do. They looked good in their technique and executed. They played well as a team working together.

Miami, Ohio is not a bad team. They will likely be playing for a MAC Championship.

Advertisement
It’s G5 obviously so a grain of salt needs to be taken, but the d line played really well and fundamentally sound. The LBs and S filled their slots well too. CBs could’ve played a little better. All in all, it’s absolute best case scenario for the opponent and the first game of the season.

Advertisement
He was totally awesome, but can we cool our panties just a bit about a G5 victory and anointing anyone just for once in our illustrious history
Man I ain't tryna read none of this BS after all the " we lost to MTSU" I had to endure from yall. Beating any FBS opponent that handily, from a defensive perspective, should be celebrated.

Advertisement
fans always complain about teams dropping DEs into coverage but it's exactly what makes the disguised blitzes actually work. if we never actually did it there would be no mystery. some of the best defenses in the nfl do the same thing, for the same reason.
Exactly, this is so common amongst some of the best defenses. You see the top NFL and college football defenses do this all the time.

The issue in the past is Doritos and Golden were putting fat, slow, unathletic DL out in the flats. And doing it on the wrong down and distance.

The DL we have right now (and hopefully continue to stack) are so much more athletic and talented than the DLs of the past.

Advertisement
Back