Guidry

Advertisement
Advertisement
he blitzing and pressure is well schemed and though out. not that Manny nonsense just blitz everyone wrecklessly like a 13 year old on madden.
Dude

I didnt see one safety blitz on 3rd and long from 37 yards away after the snap

2-12 on 3rd downs of all different distances. Really really liked what I saw on that down. He mixed pressure, fake pressure, stunts, twists etc

I saw a lot of unpredictability without leaving the secondary out to dry exactly as advertised

Advertisement
That’s what a f***n Miami defense is suppose to look like..

Please tell me we have a understudy on the coaching staff.. cause that boy won’t be here long.. he keeps this up..
Don’t think so in terms of Guidry leaving. Where is he going to go? What I mean is that Guidry has not been a P5 DC because of some baggage but Mario took a chance on him. He’s not going to bail on Mario who just gave him an opportunity to be a P5 DC. Besides, Guidry has everything he could want here in order to rebuild his brand. Why the heck would he be in a hurry to bounce out? He’s going to have plenty of talent here in order for him to build some excellent defenses. No I think Guidry seizes this opportunity and sticks around especially if the defense keeps playing like they did today and gets better.

Advertisement
Interesting defense, but they weren't challenged much today. I was just happy to see our DE's holding the edge down rather than running themselves out of plays like we did a lot last year. I can't crown anything yet and need to see more.

My only complaint was dropping the DE into pass coverage. I've seen enough of that.
fans always complain about teams dropping DEs into coverage but it's exactly what makes the disguised blitzes actually work. if we never actually did it there would be no mystery. some of the best defenses in the nfl do the same thing, for the same reason.

Advertisement
I knew Guidry was going to be a good one. Have no idea about his supposed off-field "past" but if that means he's Mario's version of Bowden/Foster, I'll take it. I think Mario got it right with both coordinators the second time around. Very impressive win tonight across the board.

Now let's see if Guidry can out-maneuver Petrino, That would truly be a spectacular start to the season.

Advertisement
Back