GT Predictions

Advertisement
"Interesting interview with Mark Right yesterday. MR said that the 'Canes are very shallow at positions and having to move defensive backs to running backs, etc. They just don't have enough players."

I was confident until Coach Right said that, now I need another "we roll" thread.

It seems that their fans have a really high opinion of their glorified HS team. Must have forgotten that they choked away a game to a Bortch Jones led Tennessee dumpster fire...

Advertisement
I'm kinda baffled where a team that has beaten two terrible teams an FCS team and lost to a equally bad SEC team gets all their confidence?

Advertisement
27-24 Canes. Relatively low scoring since possessions will bee at a premium. GT will get their yards, but when push comes to shove, can they punch it on on long drives? Not so fast my friend!

Advertisement
I'm kinda baffled where a team that has beaten two terrible teams an FCS team and lost to a equally bad SEC team gets all their confidence?

1. We haven’t beaten any world beaters either
2. We can’t stop the run to save our lives
3. Down 4 starters, and our best player if he does play won’t be anywhere near 100% in Richards
4. Did I mention we can’t stop the run?
5. Perfect let down game spot afte big win last week
6. GT coming off a bye and isn’t banged upand
7. This kid they have at QB is the best option jittery ma****a they have jotted out there in a long time.

So that’s why, this is the popular upset pick amongst everyone. I forget this is a cane board at times so we all should predict we go 11-0 and never struggle with some scrub team like GT, yeah alright lol.
With that being said...
We give up chunk plays but get a few turnovers and squeeze by in a close one, 31-28.
I think we move the ball on them and hit a few big plays with Homer, BB and Thomas ourselves.

Last edited:

1. We haven’t beaten any world beaters either
2. We can’t stop the run to save our lives
3. Down 4 starters, and our best player if he does play won’t be anywhere near 100% in Richards
4. Did I mention we can’t stop the run?
5. Perfect let down game spot afte big win last week
6. GT coming off a bye and isn’t banged upand
7. This kid they have at QB is the best option jittery ma****a they have jotted out there in a long time.

So that’s why, this is the popular upset pick amongst everyone. With that being said...
We give up chunk plays but get a few turnovers and squeeze by in a close one, 31-28.
I think we move the ball on them and hit a few big plays with Homer, BB and Thomas ourselves.

Everything you're saying is true, and I'd be a lot more worried if they weren't a team that ran this type of offense. I feel like we've beaten them with much worse teams, thinking back to some of those close Golden matchups. I think we have the coaching to get the guys out of the hangover, they might have a good 1st quarter but Manny knows the scheme and makes the adjustments for defense and our offense is way too explosive, Walton and Richards be damned. As long as Cager catches a pass, I think we should be okay. Need that home crowd to be loud af though.

Advertisement
Canes 31 - dirty knee divers 20. Close for most of the game. Big plays and turnovers are the difference.

I'm thinking more along the lines of 27-17 Miami. I think they'll get a lot of their yards in the first half then we basically sniff everything out in the 2nd half. I just don't think we'll take advantage of all our drives because of Rosier's accuracy inconsistency and no Richards (most likely). Then you have to take into to account of Rosier's seemingly occasional INT. If Rosier plays a clean game then We'll probably win 30-17. Also the run game won't be as strong because I think GT is 7th against the run right now but I don;t know how legit that is given who they played. I just hope our freaking run defense shows up.

Last edited:
I'm thinking more along the lines of 27-17 Miami. I think they'll get a lot of their yards in the first half then we basically sniff everything out in the 2nd half. I just don't think we'll take advantage of all our drives because of Rosier's accuracy inconsistency and no Richards (most likely). Then you have to take into to account of Rosier's seemingly occasional INT. If Rosier plays a clean game then We'll probably win 30-17. Also the run game won't be as strong because I think GT is 7th against the run right now but I don;t know how legit that is given who they played. I just hope our freaking run defense shows up.

If by seemingly occassional you mean every week for the last 3 weeks, then yes. And yeah GT has good stats against the run, but have any of the teams they played actually been teams that can run the ball?

Advertisement
Back