Gregory Rousseau is...

You know who else he compares to? A bunch of names you have never heard of.

We will see what he turns into, but there are always question marks with guys like him. Some become stars, but they are the exception rather than the rule.

Advertisement
DZVIQqoWsAA-Ynf.jpg
DZEa0VEWsAA5ciG.jpg
DY68_stW0AAECMT.jpg

Lets see I can come up with 3 guys (that were really good, at least in college) who are a better comparison....

Michael Johnson DE from GTech that is a longtime Bengal is who I'd predict Rousseau to be if he's as athletic as I hope he is. Dude is a great athlete, with comparable size/weight I'd expect Rousseau to reach. idk what Johnson's arm length is, but I assume he's got really long arms, his measurables:
6'7" 266lbs, 4.69s 40, 38.5" vert, 128" broad, 28 bench reps.

Dion Jordan DE for Oregon that was drafted 3rd overall in that ****** 2013 draft. Great at Oregon, bust in the NFL. Anyways this is probably a good comparison to Rousseau, if he struggles to put on weight and ends up being pretty skinny for 6'6+..Jordans measurables:
6'6.25" 248lbs, 33 7/8" arms, 4.6s 40, 32.5" vert, 122" broad, 7.02s 3-cone.

Carlos Dunlap DE at UF that again was on Bengals. Really good player again. Not quite as athletically gifted as the other two, and is heavier. This is a realistic expectation if Rousseau ends up adding weight really easily. but no matter how easily he adds weight, he's never going to get to the Calais Campbell/Mario Williams size, so Dunlap is a better fit. Dunlaps measurables:
6'6" 278lbs, 34 5/8" arms, 4.68s 40, 31.5" vert, 111" broad, 7.21s 3-cone, 21 bench reps.

All these guys are tall with long arms. We will find out how athletic Rousseau really is, but the fact he played WR/S is a solid indication he's pretty athletic. And we know he has super long arms, just like all the guys listed here. Plus he's relatively light and will probably never get to 280+ lbs while in college. So these are pretty good guys to compare him to imo
Don't fall in the trap dude. If they didn't wear orange and green with the cleanest helmet in college football with a bigbfat U on it. They're all bums. My boy Rousseau dont compare to anu of them. He would be better by default. Especially no ufag guy. Fix those Cane Shades buddy.

images (1).jpeg

Advertisement
Bradley Chubb was rated the 64th best player in the state of Georgia in 2014. 34" limbs and in high school you can see he was lean but had plenty of room to grow. Good offers from Tennesse, Alabama (although probably too high on their board), and Miss. St. Freshman year he put on weight quickly and had 5.5 sacks. Frame maxed out to about 280 pounds now that this man will become a millionaire and likely a top 3 pick in this draft. Great pass rusher and equally awesome run defender.

View attachment 58927

Our freak was rated the 80th best player in FL. Slim build with long arms and a little taller than Chubb. Offers from Oregon, USC, LSU and Tenn. Alreay had some beastly gains this spring. Will definitely be in the pass rusher rotation this season -- can he get 5 sacks like Chubb? Initially I wasn't too excited about his commitment because I thought Chatfield was a guy we had to prioritize. Now I definitely see the potential in Rousseau as I believe he can fill out like Chubb even though he's even taller and has longer arms! Will be tough to become the run defender Chubb is because that requires a lot of effort and strength but I think Rousseau will at least be a solid contributor as a pass rusher in his first two seasons. Excited to see this dude play and he looks like a future NFL pro.
View attachment 58928

I love the assessment and presentation.

Bro..you've been here for like 5 minutes.. chill.
Time dont mean anything bubba.This is a message board about the Hurricanes. If you check my history I'm only guilty of reppin the U. Im nobody's door mat. Plus, why start posting if you're not all in.
images (5).jpeg

Time dont mean anything bubba.This is a message board about the Hurricanes. If you check my history I'm only guilty of reppin the U. Im nobody's door mat. Plus, why start posting if you're not all in.
View attachment 58942
do you know a guy called sniff? Ole sniffy used to post like this, the whole third person thing.... just so ya know its kinda played out. Your style is not new around these parts. Thats why your getting the push back you are getting. But hey what do I know...

Advertisement
Who gives a fvck who he’s compared to? Dude was pointing out how similar their build was and how they were ranked in high school.

You sound like a faqqit
I see another member of the "sng ruffled panties seniority police girl scout troop "
Got that Big Ping Cane up in that head too, huh?

Trying desperately to get his post count up so he isn't called a n00bish troll
Lol . You guys take yourself to seriously. Its message board for God's sake. Im just out here having fun. Dont read to much into it or you'll end up with that Big Ping Cane in your head. It seems to be contagious in the "sng ruffled panties seniority police girl scout troop "

Calais Campbell? My god you’re ******* stupid...they don’t even have the same frame or play the same. We have had no one in our history with the type of frame Greg has, it’s nearly impossible to compare him to a former hurricane player.

Edit: maybe Joe Jack but that isn’t the best either

Zbrod,

Actually the greatest DE we ever saw at UM had a frame similar to Rousseau...Ted Hendricks. 6’7”. The Mad Stork was very tall, but tough and physical. On mediocre teams at UM, he was the unblockable DE. Multi year All American and NFL Hall of Fame.

Lol . You guys take yourself to seriously. Its message board for God's sake. Im just out here having fun. Dont read to much into it or you'll end up with that Big Ping Cane in your head. It seems to be contagious in the "sng ruffled panties seniority police girl scout troop "

You've been in my head since March 10, 2018. I've been aggressively yanking my hog since. It's raw now.

Advertisement
do you know a guy called sniff? Ole sniffy used to post like this, the whole third person thing.... just so ya know its kinda played out. Your style is not new around these parts. Thats why your getting the push back you are getting. But hey what do I know...
Ole sniffy could only try to keep up with the Big Ping Cane.

Advertisement
Gotta love the slap fights on here. Posters swinging from the elbows. If Russeau ends up as half the player tad Hendricks we got a ball player...

Go Canes!

Who he's compared to is not important. What's important is that the coaches are ecstatic about what they see. He's the last DE standing from a dissapointing DE effort last cycle. It would be a good thing if he turns out to be the best of the bunch.

Advertisement
Back