Greg Olsen Replacing Troy Aikman on Fox Sports

Advertisement
Advertisement
Continue Season 9 GIF by The Office

One of the reasons I don't watch NFL football much is that every Sunday, the national TV game is the Cowboys vs (whoever) and it's always Buck and Aikman calling the game. Both are competent but it's so repetitive hearing the same guys call the same team EVERY WEEK.

For some, it's a comfort thing hearing the same guys call games.

I don't do the NFL at all. Having said that, if they had a different announcer (think famous players or even comedians) I might tune in depending on who it is. Yes, they wouldn't be professional (some could be) in that they're used to that stage and some would be flat out bad, great, or even hysterical. The pure unknown of it all would be great. Those that shined could be brought back on occasion. Basically it would be a way to get those who may be a fan of whomever watching the game.

Advertisement
Realize there is a thread on Greg joining Fox ... but thought his appointment as the #1 analyst replacing Troy Aikman ... deserved a thread. Will be doing the Super Bowl this season. Outstanding ... so tired of Aikman / Buck ... same voice ... it has become like listening to Joe Z and JB Jr. Congrats to Greg!! Major visibility for the Canes.
THIS!! I can't listen to those two ... it is almost like a parody ... same voice and same inflection it is unnerving. Outstanding move to get Greg on that team.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back