• Attention: Register today to view CanesInSight Ad-Free for 7 days.

Greg Olsen Replacing Troy Aikman on Fox Sports

Rickd

Sophomore
Realize there is a thread on Greg joining Fox ... but thought his appointment as the #1 analyst replacing Troy Aikman ... deserved a thread. Will be doing the Super Bowl this season. Outstanding ... so tired of Aikman / Buck ... same voice ... it has become like listening to Joe Z and JB Jr. Congrats to Greg!! Major visibility for the Canes.

FromDeeeeep

Blood shot eyes, full red cup, can‘t lose 🐻
Realize there is a thread on Greg joining Fox ... but thought his appointment as the #1 analyst replacing Troy Aikman ... deserved a thread. Will be doing the Super Bowl this season. Outstanding ... so tired of Aikman / Buck ... same voice ... it has become like listening to Joe Z and JB Jr. Congrats to Greg!! Major visibility for the Canes.

Congrats to Greg, but he is keeping the seat warm until Brady retires. Brady already signed the 10yr 375mil contract with Fox to be the lead analyst.

DTP

Section 102
One of the reasons I don't watch NFL football much is that every Sunday, the national TV game is the Cowboys vs (whoever) and it's always Buck and Aikman calling the game. Both are competent but it's so repetitive hearing the same guys call the same team EVERY WEEK.

ben

Senior
Premium
(What’s your name?)
G-Reg
(What’d you do?)
Get............................
Continue Season 9 GIF by The Office

PlanoCane

Freshman
I like Greg as a person and I hope he does great in the booth. Troy is a legend and has so many adventures and things going on and it's nowhere to compare the both. T. Romo is the goat in the booth

Florido

Freshman
I like Greg as a person and I hope he does great in the booth. Troy is a legend and has so many adventures and things going on and it's nowhere to compare the both. T. Romo is the goat in the booth
I agree about Romo. He is only analyst I am interested in listening to. I will listen to Greg Olsen now since he is a Cane.

Atom Atlas

Faster than Mach Chicken!!!!
Congrats to Greg, but he is keeping the seat warm until Brady retires. Brady already signed the 10yr 375mil contract with Fox to be the lead analyst.
True but it's a hell of a opportunity for him to get major exposure.... If he nails it then sky's the limit....
I'm still shocked they gave Brady what they did... I mean I get it , it's Tom Brady but geeeezz did he blow the market door wide open.... That's a crazy contract...

FromDeeeeep

Blood shot eyes, full red cup, can‘t lose 🐻
True but it's a hell of a opportunity for him to get major exposure.... If he nails it then sky's the limit....
I'm still shocked they gave Brady what they did... I mean I get it , it's Tom Brady but geeeezz did he blow the market door wide open.... That's a crazy contract...

Yup. I think Amazon made a mistake going with Herbstreit over Olsen.

dwreck27

Senior
Premium
One of the reasons I don't watch NFL football much is that every Sunday, the national TV game is the Cowboys vs (whoever) and it's always Buck and Aikman calling the game. Both are competent but it's so repetitive hearing the same guys call the same team EVERY WEEK.
Yup as a cowboys fan it’s the most annoying thing… having to hear the same old stories of the 90s with moose and Irvin etc….

rok

ADMlNISTRATOR
It's Cowboys vs Giants every week