Greatest CFB Programs of All Time....

Advertisement
There is no chance Miami is third. Miami ahead of USC and Oklahoma is laughable. This is all time. I was going to games for more than a decade with Miami often used as homecoming opponent. I remember when the Canes were a 35.5 point home underdog to Oklahoma in 1975. When I was a USC student in the early '80s I had fellow students chuckling at me for wearing Canes gear all the time.

The only failure with the list is that 1935 is much too late to begin. I can just imagine an Olympic list and someone tries to pretend that 1932 and earlier results don't count. Meanwhile, college football was well underway long before the modern Olympic Games began.

You're right....i missed the 1935 deadline. My feelings are that I was looking at it since 1970ish when all conferences were featuring black athletes on their team, so I usually dont count back past that time. I could still see your point even after 1970 after some quick research, however with brand name I would put Miami above Oklahoma and USC post 1970. Yes dating back to a different timeframe and game though Miami wouldnt make the top 20 probably....so ill drop us to 5 for 70 until now.

Notre Dame, Alabama, Miami, USC and Oklahoma are probably top 5 all time in order. Taking titles, dominance and brand recognition into consideration from all of those eras
If Miami, USC and Oklahoma are in your top five, u to have Nebraska in there

We’ll always be the skunk at the picnic in CFB. Let’s face it, the PTB look at us as some upstart midmajor that “doesn’t know its place”.
Even saying that phrase tells one all they need to know about what’s REALLY going on with the hypocrites that run CFB.JJ used to talk about the “hypocrisy of CFB” and he was right! Referred to Joe Paterno as being St. Joe to everyone. We all know how that turned out!

Last edited:
Advertisement
Someone was high making this list.

1548406595807.gif

They we 're basing this off a programs overall winning percentage.to get a more accurate rating they'd should be thrown in also on which teams dominated they're peers over a period of time.for instance bamas dominance this decade plus overall championships should put them #1.OU with its 48 game win streak in the 50s,Miami's dominance from 83-92& Nebraska's dominance late 90s should be 2,3&4 behind bama then it should be those programs who have the best winning percentage.Like college basketball best team will always be woodens ucla teams for they're decade of dominance and like new England in the NFL.dominating your peers not winning percentage over time should be the basis for determining best programs.

This goes all the way back to 1935 almost 50 years before we became relevant so why worry about it as it’s meaningless today

National titles should be based on the current system and the passe AP, UPI, and Coaches poll ( Coaches poll replaced the atavistic UPI college football poll. ). When one applies the latter final polls, Alabama has " 15 national titles! "
Alabama claims 1941 when they von the Hugate poll though they finished 3rd in SEC and were 20th in AP so their claims are a joke if entirety taken in

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back