Greatest CFB Programs of All Time....

If they want a realistic view, they probably need to look at 1970 forward. Why? Desegregation in sports was really starting to happen and the quality of the football improved dramatically. A 1935 or 1950 NC team up against any of today's Top 25 would be destroyed, no comparison. 1935, are you kidding me, very bad metric and as someone in the thread stated, done by someone that doesn't know football or a Yale fan (they have the most National Championships of any team).

Beat me to it.
I'd like to see how this ranking looks from that point on.

Advertisement
I'm assuming this is taking into account college football in it's entirety. Miami's been playing football for close to 100 years but were an also ran for a majority of that time.

Crazy to think about, but Yale is 4th in all time wins. . . . . . . . .

Since the Howard Ball 80s, I'd have to rank us top 4 in spite of the slumber we've experienced the last decade+

Advertisement
Advertisement
Bama should be #1 but careful about the "number of titles"thing ... how Bama counts the following national titles
- one year when they were 9-2 finished in 3rd in the SEC but a computer poll picked them #1 .... all other polls had them at #20
- two other titles CLAIMED #1 even after they lost in the bowl game - reason ---- some polls closed before bowl games
Exactly...if folks really wanted to go by championships (**** era) then we might be lower on the list

Bama is no1 honestly.

Thank you so very much for your poignant insight.....and for outing the other SEC cuck's that agreed with your post. Now, because you have a cool avatar, I am gonna give you a chance to be worthy of it by providing a different perspective for you. Alabama is the dirtiest program in cfb, they are nothing but ILL GOTTEN GAINS. I consider a lot of factors and perspectives when I want to classify something the best. One of those considerations would never ever be, The ends justify the means. I hope I have set you back on the path of enlightenment. Your Welcome.

Advertisement
Nah - we don't pay a lot of attention to the dumbass barking - just wait until the balloon goes up . . . They'll drop faster than burdschitt in a downdraft.
I’m just going to make a general statement but according to history humans get smarter over time. Don’t get mad because what you worked hard for, we make it look easy

Advertisement
Beat me to it.
I'd like to see how this ranking looks from that point on.
You sir are 100% correct, the game changed at that point. **** they should have gone back to the 1800s and early 1900s when Princeton won 24 titles!

Notre Dame, Alabama, Miami, USC and Oklahoma are probably top 5 all time in order. Taking titles, dominance and brand recognition into consideration from all of those eras
I like your list but honestly Ohio st and Michigan are in front of us. But other than that I agree.

Notre Dame, Alabama, Miami, USC and Oklahoma are probably top 5 all time in order. Taking titles, dominance and brand recognition into consideration from all of those eras

There is no chance Miami is third. Miami ahead of USC and Oklahoma is laughable. This is all time. I was going to games for more than a decade with Miami often used as homecoming opponent. I remember when the Canes were a 35.5 point home underdog to Oklahoma in 1975. When I was a USC student in the early '80s I had fellow students chuckling at me for wearing Canes gear all the time.

The only failure with the list is that 1935 is much too late to begin. I can just imagine an Olympic list and someone tries to pretend that 1932 and earlier results don't count. Meanwhile, college football was well underway long before the modern Olympic Games began.

Advertisement
Back