Greatest Canes - NFL only careers

HarryCarayisGoat

Senior
Banned
Who you’ll got as the greatest Canes of All Time...when you only consider their NFL careers?

Just going off the top of my head and in no particular order:

Ed Reed
Ray Lewis
Warren Sapp
Frank Gore
Michael Irvin
Edge
Feagles
Cortez Kennedy

I know I’m leaving a bunch off but just running off the top of my head. Interested to hear your thoughts

Advertisement
Advertisement
The Stork is my GOAT going away but if we limit it to just pro (not only NFL) then i'll go old old school with 00, Jim Otto.

Advertisement
Can’t forget, Hester, Andre, Jim kelly, Reggie wayne, Vince wilfork, Olsen

Advertisement
Simply a shiit load.

But Reed and Lewis have to be 1 and 2 … Kelly has to be included... fvcker was a beast... made me a Buffalo fan in Miami.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Reed and Lewis are the clear Top 2.

You can debate between them.

Arguably the greatest ever to play their positions.

It is easy to say that but while either certainly can be, there are so many Canes from many decades that it really comes done to person taste. Take Mr. Hendricks. Jimmy The Greek always gave one point to whatever team he was on because The Greek said in just about ever single game The Stork would block a punt, field goal or extra point. A outside lb with a direct impact on the Vegas line every Sunday? Then our first, old 00, Jim Otto, inducted before we ever won a title. A o linemen from Miami Hurricanes in NFL HOF? Not exactly something we were ever famous for.

I say Ted is our GOAT including college and pro but that includes a truely outstanding college career and three time all American. If he played today, kid would be drafted first in any draft as a sophomore for speed rush end. He was to slender for nfl de in his day so Shula drafted him as olb. Ed or Ray both are also worthy alone with a dozen or so others. When talking greatest ever, we are Blessed to need to do by position just to be fair. Any we even have choices at oline.

Advertisement
Back