Great recruiting opportunity American Heritage Delray

Advertisement
Bryant/Turman is a toss-up for me. No way would I take Bryant over Collins though.

I think Rivals.com knows what they are talking about. They show Greg Bryant as ranked #4 overall in his position, #28 national, #5 in the State. A. J. Turman is ranked 18 overall, 206 National and 32 State. Alex Collins is ranked 15 overall, 185 National and 27 State. And by the way, American Heritage Delray is ranked #23 nationally. Read what the comments on Greg.

Bryant/Turman is a toss-up for me. No way would I take Bryant over Collins though.

I think Rivals.com knows what they are talking about. They show Greg Bryant as ranked #4 overall in his position, #28 national, #5 in the State. A. J. Turman is ranked 18 overall, 206 National and 32 State. Alex Collins is ranked 15 overall, 185 National and 27 State. And by the way, American Heritage Delray is ranked #23 nationally. Read what the comments on Greg.

I know its only highlights but compare their tapes. Collins has one of the best RB videos I've seen in a while. Bryant's is nice but not on the level of Collins. Bryant is a decent starting RB, Collins is a franchise type back

I think Rivals.com knows what they are talking about.
They show Greg Bryant as ranked #4 overall in his position, #28 national, #5 in the State. A. J. Turman is ranked 18 overall, 206 National and 32 State. Alex Collins is ranked 15 overall, 185 National and 27 State. And by the way, American Heritage Delray is ranked #23 nationally. Read what the comments on Greg.

Nope. Big mistake if you believe that to be true.

Not necessarily. Dudes who have left Rivals to go to 24/7 Sports have admitted that they increased ratings on players based on offers and camps they went to and whatnot. If a kid commits early or doesn't go to many camps, they are likely to not be as highly rated as they should have been.

Why does Rivals necessarily know what they're talking about? You realize who the guys are that create those rankings, right?

Advertisement
Recruiting rankings made by anyone will never be impartial and will always be flawed. It's human nature. There's no perfect system (empirical or not) to rank out the best HS players in the nation/world year-in and year-out. Sometimes Rivals gets closer, sometimes ESPN does. Sometimes Scout does. Sometimes Blustein gets really close. Plus--there's always the thing that everyone overlooks--just because you're a good HS player doesn't mean you'll be a good college player. Just because you're only an average HS player doesn't mean you can't be a good/great college player. It's all due to development and work ethic of each kid who are all different in many ways.

There might be a kid that Rivals doesn't have ranked at all that turns out to be a much better back than any of the 3 mentioned here. He might be a walk-on at a school and blossom into a ballplayer.

At the end of the day, lists/rankings are good, but they're only useful as GUIDES, and nothing more. Trust own your eyes and your own opinion. But please--don't try to say others' opinions are wrong b/c Rivals has player A ranked above player B...that's just foolish and illogical.

The speed info came from Bakas.....

I've read where Bryant's lack of speed (4.7-4.8), is the main reason there hasn't been much interest; also that he wants to play in the

It's unfortunate about the speed RUMORS but nothing can be further from the truth.

Yeah it came from a camp but I cant remember which one.

I like Bryant but if we hang on to Collins then I dont care about where Bryant ends up. Collins is a much more explosive back.

I've read where Bryant's lack of speed (4.7-4.8), is the main reason there hasn't been much interest; also that he wants to play in the

It's unfortunate about the speed RUMORS but nothing can be further from the truth.

I like Bryant but if we hang on to Collins then I dont care about where Bryant ends up. Collins is a much more explosive back.

Why is Collins ranked so much lower?

A very good source at the school. He would know.

Why don't you tell your "very good source" to tell these kids or their family to pick up the phone instead if passing it on to you to post on an UM unaffiliated message board?

Advertisement

Why is Collins ranked so much lower?

By who? the former maimen, wannbe HS coaches and failed journalists that rank them for the internet recruiting sites? Rankings are a joke.

Advertisement
Back