Great recruiting opportunity American Heritage Delray

nel352

Senior
Premium
American Heritage in Delray just had Greg Bryant, probably the #2 high school running back in the nation and #1 in Florida by Rivals.com, change his mind with his commitment to Oklahoma. An insider just advised that it would be a GREAT idea if Coach Golden would make a call HIMSELF to either Little Greg or his father. He is now open to all offers. Both Greg and his father have not felt any true interest from the U in the past, even after Greg had been to camp and excelled even with Michel attending(other running back prospect from American Heritage Plantation).
Roderick Johnson (highly recruited lineman) also will pull his commitment from Florida, and would love to go to the U. He is very happy that coaches from the U have contacted him, but will also love to hear from Coach Golden, that would probably seal the deal.
Darrion Richardson (highly recruited safety) has not heard from anyone at the U lately and is extremely disappointed. Roderick and Darrion are both HUGE UM fans, even to the point of stating it in their facebook, and would love nothing more than to play there.
These three players are among the many highly recruited seniors that anchored a nationally top 25 high school team by Rivals.com.

Advertisement
I've read where Bryant's lack of speed (4.7-4.8), is the main reason there hasn't been much interest; also that he wants to play in the $EC....

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not a big fan of Greg Bryant. He can play, but there are certainly other preferences on my list.

Advertisement
Bryant to me is Mike James 2.0, with a little bit better change of direction. This guy is agile, knows how to make cuts and set up blocks, but he doesn't have breakaway speed. He has pretty good vision and sees what cuts he needs to make to break to daylight, but sometimes he gets chased down before he can get to what he's seeing on the backside. Catches the ball pretty well out of the backfield, and his running style seems to be a strength in short yardage situations--if he can run over you, he will.

He's not super-special, but he's not a guy I'd be mad about offering a scholly to.

Not a big fan of Greg Bryant. He can play, but there are certainly other preferences on my list.

If we miss out on Collins, who do you prefer (who we have a realistic shot with) over Bryant? I'm not crazy about him either but I believe we need at least one back in this class

Advertisement
Bryant to me is Mike James 2.0, with a little bit better change of direction. This guy is agile, knows how to make cuts and set up blocks, but he doesn't have breakaway speed.

Like the Mike James comparison. Not worth the hype but a solid football player. Collins is in another stratosphere.

Yea, I really think we should try to lock up Roderick Johnson. Then we aren't nearly as devastated if we don't get Kirkland later on.

Advertisement

If we miss out on Collins, who do you prefer (who we have a realistic shot with) over Bryant? I'm not crazy about him either but I believe we need at least one back in this class

What are my other alternatives? I don't want to take Bryant "just to have one in the class." Again, he can be a contributor, but I'm not a fan of his game.

Personally, I'm still bitter we didn't recruit Gio Bernard. Easy to say now that he balled out at the college level, but he's closer to my type of RB.

Bryant/Turman is a toss-up for me. No way would I take Bryant over Collins though.

Advertisement
Back