Great Read on how Mendenhall is building UVA

Advertisement
UVa went out and hired a Head Coach with experience as a Head Coach building up a solid program at a school that’s not easy to build a good fb program. We hired a DC as our HC that has only had an elite defense for two years of his career as a DC.
Bill Clark

Dude can coach his *** off. He's turning 0-2 stars into legit college players who will be drafted and potentially have long careers BUT their last two games could've and should've been L's. UVa should be humbled this week at Notre Dame then have a week off to prepare for us which is not a good look for us.

Limit Bryce Perkins running ability and we'll be fine. He can't throw a lick but his timely playmaking leads to 1st downs and points for UVA.

I think the defensive gameplan Baker utilized for UF can be effective for the game against UVA.
I agree. But can we have someone else spy the QB besides Garvin and let him eat for a change

Advertisement
They have 3 all Americans on defense that he recruited. Bronco is a very good defensive coach.
It’s put up or shut the F up for Enos and Butch Barry with these next two games. Earn your paycheck

I agree. But can we have someone else spy the QB besides Garvin and let him eat for a change
Agreed. I think it has to be someone who's athletic but discipline enough to mirror his lateral movement without overrunning preventing the creation of escape lanes for Perkins

This thread might be more convincing once Pony is actually able to put up a winning record in conference play. Especially since they too are in the junk Coastal.

Not to mention that Pony lost 3 straight bowls before exiting Mormon U and he wasn't super stellar after they left the Mountain West.

This rush to crown Pony as something special seems pretty similar to what people were doing with Dino Babers without wondering what his program would be like once Dungey left.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back