Great fans at the game

I heard the noise on TV. Especially when it started raining and Waters caught what has to be the single gutsiest call in Golden's tenure. Still, attendance has to improve and support for this team has to get better if we want to compete at the "big boy" level.

We're never going to sell out every week. We do need to start winning to get near 50 in that place so it becomes an event

Advertisement
Looked empty on TV. My (non-Cane) friends estimated 25% full, tops. I put it around there as well -- 25/30k. Place looked rocking when that storm rolled through, though.

Reminded me of the 2009 FSU game when there were torrential downpours in the second half and we had a huge comeback but wound up losing (on a 20 yard QB draw IIRC). Most fun I've ever had losing. Remember the ramp down to exit was basically a giant waterfall.
That FSU game was 08.

LMAO at the mopes that now resort to bashing "their" teams attendance, sucks when "your" team wins huh, gotta find something.

Advertisement
LMAO at the mopes that now resort to bashing "their" teams attendance, sucks when "your" team wins huh, gotta find something.

Unreal. No one likes golden but don't hate on the people happy that their team won. I'll take a win over a loss any day of the week.

A lot of people came late, but thats miami fans for you, ive noticed night games get more attendance than the day games, which i understand some of those afternoon games are brutal

My brother is a Nole he went to the game with his son because he is a U fan.The point you would be shocked how many other fans actually go to the Miami games when in town

A lot of people came late, but thats miami fans for you, ive noticed night games get more attendance than the day games, which i understand some of those afternoon games are brutal

My brother is a Nole he went to the game with his son because he is a U fan.

Night games get more bc miami isn't a college football town and will never be excited for a noon or 330 game unless its fsu uf. Ppl would rather be at the beach or on a boat during the day. Also, the intense heat kills the spirit during day games.

I just rewatched the broadcast this morning and the blimp shots made the stadium look about 70%+ empty. That said, SLS stadium is deceiving because unless you have a legitimate 50,000 people in their actual seats the empty seats are all too noticeable. Once again going back to the over established fact that we need a 50,000 seat max venue. And the students should get a pass in fan criticism. They've showed up well this season. They're not the problem for football. Maybe basketball but not football.

Advertisement
attendance.jpg
This was posted from the corner last night but it's certainly not what the tv showed.

It's the normal crowd of season ticket holders, 34,000 plus walk ups. It's ashame UM does not have a 50K - 55K stadium. It's truly what is missing.

Regardless of the stadium half empty, I'll always be there with my crew of 11...

Always there with our 5 driving 31/2 hours each way.

I was there... lulz at anyone saying it was crowd ed. Better crowd than what I expected. But hardly crowded. I was able to **** without waiting and it took me less than 2 minutes to get off stadium grounds after the game

Advertisement
Let's get our own stadium already!! It's not that our games are empty, it's that we play in a big-a stadium that's too fig for our fan base. We need a TCU, UL, Baylor type of stadium that holds 45-50k and designed in a way that fan noise is piped in. We gotta do something in the next couple of yrs. It'll help recruiting too

Great thread. I was there in section 116 and the fans were alive and well. 3rd down defense cheers, Canes in the house chants, and Sabestian getting the house jumping. For a split second it felt like the OB. The score isn't indicative to how the energy felt

Advertisement
People don't understand that Cane fans don't usually arrive until just before halftime and leave at the half. Those that remained left because of the rain. And, for those who say it looked like 25,000, you have to remember that SunLife seats about 150,000. Plus, those blimp shots don't show the fans well. Neither do the shots from inside the stadium. Aside from that UM announced 44,551 and they are always open and truthful. If they say it, you can take it to the bank.

Seats 150,000? Lol. What are you talking about? Capacity for football games is 75,540. A

Also LOL that the Hurricanes report accurate fan attendance. I have been a season ticket holder for 21 years and the fabricate their attendance numbers 95% of the time. There were no more than 30,000 fans at it's peak at yesterday's game.

They don't have sarcasm tags on this site. For the record, I wasn't serious.

Around the middle of the second quarter they may have been 40k. If we would have won last week the stadium would have been full and rocking. But we lost so. Hopefully we win next week and get another night kickoff against Cincinnati.

People forget - when we were at our best - we didnt draw many fans - UM's own website says we averaged 46K in 2001 ---- the number would go up about 10K in the years we had FSU on the schedule

Looked empty on TV. My (non-Cane) friends estimated 25% full, tops. I put it around there as well -- 25/30k. Place looked rocking when that storm rolled through, though.

Reminded me of the 2009 FSU game when there were torrential downpours in the second half and we had a huge comeback but wound up losing (on a 20 yard QB draw IIRC). Most fun I've ever had losing. Remember the ramp down to exit was basically a giant waterfall.
That FSU game was 08.

Lost my voice, shirt and hat that game. Was in lower corner endzone where spence scored the td. Parking lot flooded and fans pushing cars out to the asphalt cause mufflers were under water. Was the best game i have attended and I was at the UF win last year and that was fun as well but something bout a torrential downpour and 70k screaming fans and no one leaving their seats was awesome.

Advertisement
Back