Great fans at the game

canefrank

Redshirt Freshman
I've been attending since my first game in 1976, miss only a handful including bowl games. To me its the greatest being at a Cane's game, no matter where we play. We had a good 45,000 strong last night, despite all the recent challenges, all screaming pro-defense when Duke had the ball and supporting the players. My CONGRATS to those of us that live down here and attend. Proud of the true Cane fans!

Advertisement
I've been attending since my first game in 1976, miss only a handful including bowl games. To me its the greatest being at a Cane's game, no matter where we play. We had a good 45,000 strong last night, despite all the recent challenges, all screaming pro-defense when Duke had the ball and supporting the players. My CONGRATS to those of us that live down here and attend. Proud of the true Cane fans!

It looked almost full to me. But, it is amazing how our fans look almost exactly like empty seats.

It was actually more full than other recent games I have attended, and for the size, we made some really good noise.

I heard the noise on TV. Especially when it started raining and Waters caught what has to be the single gutsiest call in Golden's tenure. Still, attendance has to improve and support for this team has to get better if we want to compete at the "big boy" level.

I was SHOCKED at how crowded it was.... it should not have been and it was much more crowded that anyone would have guessed

Advertisement
Looked empty on TV. My (non-Cane) friends estimated 25% full, tops. I put it around there as well -- 25/30k. Place looked rocking when that storm rolled through, though.

Reminded me of the 2009 FSU game when there were torrential downpours in the second half and we had a huge comeback but wound up losing (on a 20 yard QB draw IIRC). Most fun I've ever had losing. Remember the ramp down to exit was basically a giant waterfall.

A lot of people came late, but thats miami fans for you, ive noticed night games get more attendance than the day games, which i understand some of those afternoon games are brutal

People don't understand that Cane fans don't usually arrive until just before halftime and leave at the half. Those that remained left because of the rain. And, for those who say it looked like 25,000, you have to remember that SunLife seats about 150,000. Plus, those blimp shots don't show the fans well. Neither do the shots from inside the stadium. Aside from that UM announced 44,551 and they are always open and truthful. If they say it, you can take it to the bank.

Looked empty on TV. My (non-Cane) friends estimated 25% full, tops. I put it around there as well -- 25/30k. Place looked rocking when that storm rolled through, though.

Reminded me of the 2009 FSU game when there were torrential downpours in the second half and we had a huge comeback but wound up losing (on a 20 yard QB draw IIRC). Most fun I've ever had losing. Remember the ramp down to exit was basically a giant waterfall.
That was VT...we beat FSU in 09

Advertisement
It's the normal crowd of season ticket holders, 34,000 plus walk ups. It's ashame UM does not have a 50K - 55K stadium. It's truly what is missing.

Regardless of the stadium half empty, I'll always be there with my crew of 11...

I was there and the lower corners were empty. The upper endzones and corners were empty.

If you weren't at the game shut your trap I was out there making hella noise for my canes while ya had your hand in your pants looking for what to complain about next!!!!

Advertisement
Fans were awesome last night. Very loud for the amount there. Hopefully everyone comes back out for cincy

That was VT...we beat FSU in 09

Yeah, you're right, the 09 game was Jacory balling at FSU. I'm thinking of 08 FSU at SLS. The VT rain game in 09 was definitely not a good one.

Advertisement
On TV it looked like we had about 15K there t most. Stadiums was not even close to 1/3 full. ESPN at least did not focus on the crowd as much as I thought they would. kept showing views where here were actually people there. Embarrassment for a national televised night game.

People don't understand that Cane fans don't usually arrive until just before halftime and leave at the half. Those that remained left because of the rain. And, for those who say it looked like 25,000, you have to remember that SunLife seats about 150,000. Plus, those blimp shots don't show the fans well. Neither do the shots from inside the stadium. Aside from that UM announced 44,551 and they are always open and truthful. If they say it, you can take it to the bank.

Seats 150,000? Lol. What are you talking about? Capacity for football games is 75,540. A

Also LOL that the Hurricanes report accurate fan attendance. I have been a season ticket holder for 21 years and the fabricate their attendance numbers 95% of the time. There were no more than 30,000 fans at it's peak at yesterday's game.

Advertisement
Back