Gray Crow has been moved to H-Back

Christy Chirinos ‏@ChristyChirinos now
An indication of progress on the QB front for #Canes: Golden says Gray Crow has been moved to H-bac
WE Have DEPTH!!!!!

Advertisement
Advertisement
Why do u consider this funny? The guy knows he can't play QB and is willing to try another position. Personally, I think it's a fantastic move. Crow is tough, team player, doesn't get in any trouble, and a leader.

Wish we had more young men like Crow and less dumbasses on the team. Perhaps we could win something if all put 100% into being a Miami Hurricane football player!

Lol :ibisroflmao:

Advertisement
Why do u consider this funny? The guy knows he can't play QB and is willing to try another position. Personally, I think it's a fantastic move. Crow is tough, team player, doesn't get in any trouble, and a leader.

Wish we had more young men like Crow and less dumbasses on the team. Perhaps we could win something if all put 100% into being a Miami Hurricane football player!

Lol :ibisroflmao:

First off in no way am I attacking Gray personally. Straight up though, he's never played any other position before. He's big with below avg feet & slow. Wouldn't be my first choice from an athleticism standpoint to fill that roll.

He's listed as 6'3/224 on the roster. I think he's a touch shorter than that, and I don't know how much weight his frame can handle. We'll be lucky if he's 6'2/250 by the time the season starts. I think that's the question--can he change his body quick enough to be a factor at H-Back. He's athletic, for sure, and he's definitely smart enough to pick up the role and know what he's supposed to do rather quickly instead of being lost and trying to get by on athleticism alone.

Lol if you think this means anything....all this means is we have crooted horribly at QB with Crow and that other guy from Texas i cant even remember his name.... ANybody could see that both of them were horrible the first day of practice...All this tells us is how horrible our crooting has been at QB. This is more depressing than anything

Lol if you think this means anything....all this means is we have crooted horribly at QB with Crow and that other guy from Texas i cant even remember his name.... ANybody could see that both of them were horrible the first day of practice...All this tells us is how horrible our crooting has been at QB. This is more depressing than anything
Preston Dewey.

Both guys had potential, but never really developed the way they were projected to do. However--even your bleakness can see that our QB recruiting seems to be getting better (Olsen/Kaaya/Rosier/Lawson/Allison) to this point.

Advertisement
I don't mind this move at all.. Gray would rather stay at UM, get his degree, and help his team in whatever way he can than transfer somewhere that he would play QB.. Good for him..

Would be better used as a non-scholarship athlete. Then we could bring in another recruit who can actually contribute.

Advertisement
He's listed as 6'3/224 on the roster. I think he's a touch shorter than that, and I don't know how much weight his frame can handle. We'll be lucky if he's 6'2/250 by the time the season starts. I think that's the question--can he change his body quick enough to be a factor at H-Back. He's athletic, for sure, and he's definitely smart enough to pick up the role and know what he's supposed to do rather quickly instead of being lost and trying to get by on athleticism alone.

Former quarterback Gray Crow has bulked up to 230 pounds (he’s 6-foot-3) and is now an H-back. He’ll have a role on special teams. Aside from Dallas Crawford, who moved from tailback to safety in the spring, Crow is the only position switch heading into camp. He coming...

Christy Chirinos ‏@ChristyChirinos now
An indication of progress on the QB front for #Canes: Golden says Gray Crow has been moved to H-bac
WE Have DEPTH!!!!!

Good kid. They are just making room... Better guns coming in... He will be used as a player / coach on the practice squad...

Would be better used as a non-scholarship athlete. Then we could bring in another recruit who can actually contribute.

As it stands, after Dortch leaving we're -6 (85-79). If we cut Crow, we would be at -7 (85-78) and that would mean we would only have to take -1 (each year) over the next 2 years.

Advertisement
Back