Gray Crow-Gone

Did everything that he was asked to do. Bleeds orange and green. Most of the players on the team will probably be working for him some day. Good luck Gray.

Advertisement
From everything I've read Gray is a good kid but how in the heck did he get a scholly.

Advertisement
Any other coach that takes a project like this would at least make sure they could play another position if it didn't work out at the position they were recruited but not Golden. Most successful coaches maximize their roster by obtaining athletes that allow for position flexibility, what has Golden done?

Charlie Strong converted a former Qb recruit into a star defensive lineman. Erickson turned a former TE recruit into a star lineman. Can anyone name an athlete during the Golden era that made a successful transition from one position to another?

And they don't even have to be a star just a everyday starter. The only one I can think of is Dallas but he isn't a regular starter and he was recruited to be a safety but spend some time at Rb when we were in a pinch.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Jedd fisch QBs
Gray Crow
Preston Dewey
Kevin Olsen

James Coley Qbs
Brad Kaaya
Evan Sherrifs
Jack Allison
Tyler lytle?

Dramatic improvement....

Crow was an awful HS QB, had the worse stats of any HS QB I've ever seen, I don't even think He was FCS material...straight doo doo...dumpster rust mixed with septic juice.

The camp video he had as well was horrible. It seems to me he knew his limits and decided upon staying here for an education rather than transferring out.

Just about every single person on this board would be eating Crow, no pun intended, as most said he'd be fine....just needs time to develop. I said he'd never play a meaningful down and couldn't believe we were taking him. Fine young man by all accounts, but I still remember people acting as if I had some personal vendetta against him. Far from it, but anyone who looked at him as a player objectively knew he was as colossal a reach as we've ever recruited.

No one said that. Crow was thought of as the 2nd or 3rd best QB in the class behind Dewey and basically on par with Thompson. No one ever thought he was going to be much.

Advertisement
Any other coach that takes a project like this would at least make sure they could play another position if it didn't work out at the position they were recruited but not Golden. Most successful coaches maximize their roster by obtaining athletes that allow for position flexibility, what has Golden done?

Charlie Strong converted a former Qb recruit into a star defensive lineman. Erickson turned a former TE recruit into a star lineman. Can anyone name an athlete during the Golden era that made a successful transition from one position to another?

And they don't even have to be a star just a everyday starter. The only one I can think of is Dallas but he isn't a regular starter and he was recruited to be a safety but spend some time at Rb when we were in a pinch.

Natambu Fentress from scholarship black hole to All American safety.

Advertisement
Jedd fisch QBs
Gray Crow
Preston Dewey
Kevin Olsen

James Coley Qbs
Brad Kaaya
Evan Sherrifs
Jack Allison
Tyler lytle?

Dramatic improvement....

Same or worse level of production so far.

are you talking about total offense? The talent coley has brought in is 2x better

And the production level has been the same or worse than Fisch's offenses. At the end of the day that's all that matters

Last edited by a moderator:
Jedd fisch QBs
Gray Crow
Preston Dewey
Kevin Olsen

James Coley Qbs
Brad Kaaya
Evan Sherrifs
Jack Allison
Tyler lytle?

Dramatic improvement....

Same or worse level of production so far.

are you talking about total offense? The talent coley has brought in is 2x better

And the production level has been the same or worse than Fisch's offenses. At the end of the day that's all that matters

Neither of the offenses were elite however they had their moments

Advertisement
Back