Grantham out

Advertisement
6BDF7BC5-F97B-441D-9D37-292BE73DF68F.jpeg

Advertisement
When you fire your coordinator mid-season it means that your *** is in trouble too.

The same for Jimmy Lake at UW.
Still never understood them hiring John Donovan. I'd never seen such a collective agreement across CFB media and analysts as the confusion of when Lake chose him to be his OC.

Advertisement
Still never understood them hiring John Donovan. I'd never seen such a collective agreement across CFB media and analysts as the confusion of when Lake chose him to be his OC.
Lake was drowning as UW's head coach from Day 1.

In way over his head and couldn't be bothered with things like recruiting, managing the program, etc.

He needs to be an NFL assistant.

Yet another cautionary tale about hiring successful assistants and assuming they'll be able to make the jump to HFC.

It's true, nobody praised the hire at the time.

I see some similarities between Lake and Diaz: former DC who took over from a retired HC, they both botched the offensive coordinator hire (Donovan and Enos), they both had an historical embarrassing loss (Montana and FIU), they both are in over their heads.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Think the connection was that Lake and his wife and James Franklin's wife are all from from Spokane, Wash.

Franklin probably convinced Lake that Donovan was a good OC caught in a bad situation when Penn State fired him in 2015.

It's true, nobody praise the hire at the time.

I see some similarities between Lake and Diaz: former DC who took over from a retired HC, they both botched the offensive coordinator hire (Donovan and Enos), they both had an historical embarrassing loss (Montana and FIU), they both are in over their heads.
Only difference is DIaz's botched OC got and left him one of the best QBs in America. Other than that you're exactly right.

Advertisement
I doubt Diaz or Mullens are getting fired. Miami is cheap and doesn't prioritize winning and UF will smash Samford Mizzou n FSU to end the season, giving hope for another year of Mullens.

They moved pasqualoni to an on field role… didn’t realize he graduated from pedo st and was there for the beginning of the Sandusky reign (he also looks frighteningly similar to Sandusky). Does it mean anything? No, but just feels appropriate for Mullen and fu

Advertisement
Back