Graduate Transfers and JuCos

Advertisement
OL is a position where time is beneficial. You'll rarely see an OL that starts 3 sophomores (the entire left side of the line LT, LG & C) be successful. Give them another year in the weight room and they will only be better.

I do agree with the need for a LT, Darling is obviously too slow. I don't expect St. Louis to beat him out next year but I do expect Darling to drop weight and be as strong as he is now and be more serviceable as Richt's line at UGA had 4 guys under 300 lbs. I think all of ours were over 300.. Linder may be the exception idk where he is right now.

All of them could benefit from another year of S&C and losing a little weight. Don't panic over this unit just yet. When you see 3 sophomores and 2 juniors starting, that is a bad sign. 3 juniors and 2 seniors (if Sunny is ready to go) will be a much better outcome.

Also, the competition from guys like Milo, St louis, Gauthier, and Mahoney from last class could make the starters from this year even better. We will know who is playing where this offseason, versus this past where they were trying to find positions for everyone throughout camp.

Last edited:
OL is a position where time is beneficial. You'll rarely see an OL that starts 3 sophomores (the entire left side of the line LT, LG & C) be successful. Give them another year in the weight room and they will only be better.

I do agree with the need for a LT, Darling is obviously too slow. I don't expect St. Louis to beat him out next year but I do expect Darling to drop weight and be as strong as he is now and be more serviceable as Richt's line at UGA had 4 guys under 300 lbs. I think all of ours were over 300.. Linder may be the exception idk where he is right now.

All of them could benefit from another year of S&C and losing a little weight. Don't panic over this unit just yet. When you see 3 sophomores and 2 juniors starting, that is a bad sign. 3 juniors and 2 seniors (if Sunny is ready to go) will be a much better outcome.

Also, the competition from guys like Milo, St louis, Gauthier, and Mahoney from last class could make the starters from this year even better. We will know who is playing where this offseason, versus this past where they were trying to find positions for everyone throughout camp.

No doubt they'll be better next year. And, no doubt Darling would be better at LT than he showed. It's still a potential problem for us if we're going to win meaningful games.

We need OL.
If both Corn and Artie leave, we need CBs.

Was looking through Georgia's roster for either. Don't see many candidates. John Theus is an OT/senior, but a draft prospect. Same with LB Jordan Jenkins.
If we can't get St. Louis to take the next step, we may have to trot out a legion of OGuards out there again. Are there any specific JuCo recruits we can snag?

OL depth:

St Louis/Mcdermott
Mcdermott/Gauthier
Linder/Knighton
Isidora/Gall
Darling/Odogwu

CB depth:

yikes

We'll get to see if another key issue holding us back has changed. Admissions.

For the 493rd time, IF STANFORD CAN GET KIDS IN WE CAN GET KIDS IN. We aren't being held back by observing the same standard that everybody else is. Maybe we pass on a kid now and then if we don't think he can handle school, but if we didn't you'd b**ch when he failed out.

You are an idiot.

First. The University of Miami is not Stanford in any way shape or form.

2nd Stanford doesn't take JUCOs. Stanford recruits the best student/athletes in the country. Top academic performers so they don't have to squeeze anyone in academically

3rd Where the f8ck have you been this past decade. We've lost a number of recruits/JUCOs because of nonsense like a class here or there and admission taking their sweet time to review some of these kids.

Finally, we used to make exceptions here or there for guys like Frank Gore because they were elite. Without doing that for supertalented guys of the Dalvin Cook Dalvin Cook mold this team will never win a championship again.

An idiot? Nice.

You're right, we aren't Stanford, that's why this admissions thing is bunk. They do better than we do in recruiting, and don't tell me they somehow field a team composed totally of 4 and 5* future doctors.

We use the same standard that everybody else does- what the NCAA mandates. We pass on a kid here and there because we don't think he can hack it, but we don't refuse kids that any but the lowest of the low would take. And how many guys have we sent to JUCO rather than tell them no?

Name a kid who we didn't take for academic reasons that was a mistake. I dare you to say Powell. That's the only time I recall anyone claiming it was the fault of admissions, and lets be real. That kid wanted to go to UF and jumped when they came calling. People can't handle the fact that a lot of talented kids didn't want to come to Miami so they blame it on our lofty standards.

And why mention Cook? Kid had no intention of playing for Miami.

Cook wanted to come here, gold just didn't care much about him once Yearby committed... thanks goldy!!

We'll get to see if another key issue holding us back has changed. Admissions.

For the 493rd time, IF STANFORD CAN GET KIDS IN WE CAN GET KIDS IN. We aren't being held back by observing the same standard that everybody else is. Maybe we pass on a kid now and then if we don't think he can handle school, but if we didn't you'd b**ch when he failed out.

You are an idiot.

First. The University of Miami is not Stanford in any way shape or form.

2nd Stanford doesn't take JUCOs. Stanford recruits the best student/athletes in the country. Top academic performers so they don't have to squeeze anyone in academically

3rd Where the f8ck have you been this past decade. We've lost a number of recruits/JUCOs because of nonsense like a class here or there and admission taking their sweet time to review some of these kids.

Finally, we used to make exceptions here or there for guys like Frank Gore because they were elite. Without doing that for supertalented guys of the Dalvin Cook Dalvin Cook mold this team will never win a championship again.

An idiot? Nice.

You're right, we aren't Stanford, that's why this admissions thing is bunk. They do better than we do in recruiting, and don't tell me they somehow field a team composed totally of 4 and 5* future doctors.

We use the same standard that everybody else does- what the NCAA mandates. We pass on a kid here and there because we don't think he can hack it, but we don't refuse kids that any but the lowest of the low would take. And how many guys have we sent to JUCO rather than tell them no?

Name a kid who we didn't take for academic reasons that was a mistake. I dare you to say Powell. That's the only time I recall anyone claiming it was the fault of admissions, and lets be real. That kid wanted to go to UF and jumped when they came calling. People can't handle the fact that a lot of talented kids didn't want to come to Miami so they blame it on our lofty standards.

And why mention Cook? Kid had no intention of playing for Miami.

Cook wanted to come here, gold just didn't care much about him once Yearby committed... thanks goldy!!

Cook didn't want to go to the same school at Yearby, and he wanted to go somewhere he could start ASAP. Wasn't going to start over Duke, and also definitely wasn't going to get a fair shot to win the 2nd RB spot over Yearby AND Gus until mid to late season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back