Grad Transfer WR Rico Bussey Jr

Pope has been a huge disappointment so far but I think he’s gonna take off in this offense

Advertisement
We don't need a old less talented player to run our WR room again......it can possibly stunt the growth of our young players.....some coaches will favor experienced old players over better talent cuz they pick up things faster....we all know Patchen had no business on the field....he was probably ahead early in camp so Baker went with him over a superstar.....same with Osborne to a lesser degree....IMO we have to be careful bringing in less talented older players.....talented players get upset sometimes setting behind scrubs even if they're a little more knowledgeable..some new coaches get fooled the first week of practice by scrubs....we don't need that $hi+ to happen again....

Advertisement
Advertisement
It would be surprising if Lashlee and Likens decide that we have adequate options at WR exiting spring practice.

We currently lack a sure-handed go-to WR who can make tough catches.

Harley and Wiggins move pretty well but haven't displayed consistently good hands. Pope has dropped a few and hasn't shown toughness.

Beyond them we return Payton, Few and 4 true freshmen. We all expect a kid like Pope to flourish in a new system but why not add an already proven kid with 21 career TDs and experience playing in a similar scheme?

If it means that a kid like Payton has to continue working to get on the field then so be it. It stinks when softies like Hightower transfer because they can't handle adversity but that's life.

Advertisement
Pope is the only returning player who has legitimate Miami talent.

The rest are a bunch of JAGs and we can’t rely on freshmen.

We absolutely need a transfer.
We need depth and I completely disagree with your assessment of our current group.

Would be Completely against it, He’s coming off an acl injury last fall and what good does it do for the development of our receivers? It’s their time to play and prove themselves, can’t judge them solely based on that sh*tty offense, you can place any receiver in the country in our offense last year around the country and I guarantee they wouldn’t be as productive either.
I agree, don't do it. Unless we get a couple of guys out.

Would be Completely against it, He’s coming off an acl injury last fall and what good does it do for the development of our receivers? It’s their time to play and prove themselves, can’t judge them solely based on that sh*tty offense, you can place any receiver in the country in our offense last year around the country and I guarantee they wouldn’t be as productive either.
Not sure what to tell you if you think a core 3 of Pope, Wiggins, and Harley isn’t trash.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back