Gotta love watching the "mighty" SEC struggle

Advertisement
Don’t worry, when Texas and Oklahoma join next year, they’ll be good again.

I can’t help but feel it’s related to NILs and them not being able to just outspend everyone under the table anymore.
Recruiting classes may not bare this out yet (honestly haven’t been as up to date on recruiting last 2 years), but the spirits have told me there’s a connection there.
This definitely plays a part.

Advertisement
There’s a word to describe what they are...

What’s it called?
Back And Forth Friends GIF by You're The Worst

Season 1 Style GIF by The Roku Channel

This reeks of SEC inferiority complex. That conference has been tops fow quite some time, even if it was largely top heavy. I personally didn't care one bit, but **** they live rent free in some people's minds here.

Wish the ACC had that hype. One day maybe it will and the college football champs can be us.
That hype is what won them alot of 50/50 battles in recruiting, even with teams that were gonna get their head beat in by other bigger powers. Them struggling is a good thing for Miami. It matters to me because it matters to recruits. They been the best conference with the best coaches, more fans and diehard nutjobs, more money amd more hype. Thats fact and nothing to do with inferiority. Them getting knocked down a peg in the national media is a good thing for Miami on the trail.

That hype is what won them alot of 50/50 battles in recruiting, even with teams that were gonna get their head beat in by other bigger powers. Them struggling is a good thing for Miami. It matters to me because it matters to recruits. They been the best conference with the best coaches, more fans and diehard nutjobs, more money amd more hype. Thats fact and nothing to do with inferiority. Them getting knocked down a peg in the national media is a good thing for Miami on the trail.
Well said, exactly the point 👍

Advertisement

Who are the a lot of 50 / 50 battles you mentioned?

When you aren't a part of all of what you said, it's easy to get a chip on your shoulder about it.

The best thing for us to do is get better on the field and the trail will follow. We weren't losing guys to the SEC because it's the SEC, it's because we sucked.

Who are the a lot of 50 / 50 battles you mentioned?

When you aren't a part of all of what you said, it's easy to get a chip on your shoulder about it.

The best thing for us to do is get better on the field and the trail will follow. We weren't losing guys to the SEC because it's the SEC, it's because we sucked.
Thats your opinion, i heard kids in their own words mention it. Of course we sucked but if u think some of these battles didnt come down to SEC is so much better branding u on smoke. Btw beating A&M has given us recruiting clout beating Notre Dame could only dream of. A&M who aint won shyyt in decades just like ND and worse actually.

But they in the SEC and kids seen them beat LSU and Bama. U can only have ESPN blowing this conference for decade and talk about SEC speed and talent before its a real thing. It was not like that at the start of the 21st century. It was Miami, FSU, USC, Ohio etc.

Thats your opinion, i heard kids in their own words mention it. Of course we sucked but if u think some of these battles didnt come down to SEC is so much better branding u on smoke. Btw beating A&M has given us recruiting clout beating Notre Dame could only dream of. A&M who aint won shyyt in decades just like ND and worse actually.

But they in the SEC and kids seen them beat LSU and Bama. U can only have ESPN blowing this conference for decade and talk about SEC speed and talent before its a real thing. It was not like that at the start of the 21st century. It was Miami, FSU, USC, Ohio etc.

Okay, so who are all the 50 / 50 kids you mentioned going to the SEC because it's just the SEC. To lesser schools to just get beat down by bigger powers? There's a lot of them right? So who are they?

I'd say beating A&M is a big deal if, again if, we keep winning. It would be helpful if they win a lot too. What happened to us following our beat down of ND? We lost 3 out of 4 to finish the season. ND also tends to recruit differently than everyone else. There's a type that seem to gravitate to them.

Has rhe hype not been legit with the SEC? You seemed to agree in your previous post. You can't compare 23 years ago to now, it's not even the same thing at all anymore. What conference has stepped up in recent times to challenge their supremacy? People been touting their demise for a long time now.

We win, that won't change that. It'll change what and how we can recruit, but the call will still be SEC, not ACC, etc. They add Texas and OU. We get SMU, Cal, and Stanford. Come on.

Advertisement
Okay, so who are all the 50 / 50 kids you mentioned going to the SEC because it's just the SEC. To lesser schools to just get beat down by bigger powers? There's a lot of them right? So who are they?

I'd say beating A&M is a big deal if, again if, we keep winning. It would be helpful if they win a lot too. What happened to us following our beat down of ND? We lost 3 out of 4 to finish the season. ND also tends to recruit differently than everyone else. There's a type that seem to gravitate to them.

Has rhe hype not been legit with the SEC? You seemed to agree in your previous post. You can't compare 23 years ago to now, it's not even the same thing at all anymore. What conference has stepped up in recent times to challenge their supremacy? People been touting their demise for a long time now.

We win, that won't change that. It'll change what and how we can recruit, but the call will still be SEC, not ACC, etc. They add Texas and OU. We get SMU, Cal, and Stanford. Come on.
I said the hype is real and legit and the fact that they are getting bad national press as a conference is good for recruiting. I can but i wont spend my sunday looking up specific examples of recruits mentioning playing in the SEC. Im not guessing, i follow recruiting like u guys and have seen kids mention it. It is a factor.

Us being good is one factor, its the main factor but when other teams are good, different things becomes factors. NIL, conference, position coach etc.

Bama looking like trash gives me great pleasure but I could careless about the most of that conference’s hanger-ons..vols, 8&4, Kentucky, mizzou etc..they’re irrelevant to me

Advertisement
Not really, they will run with it as it is, a potential fall from dominance of the SEC is a great story and makes CFB better all around
I agree with the second part about it being a great story and CFB being better all around. But that's only to/for fans.

ESPN has an undeniable financial interest in the SEC's success though. The second it became an ESPN vs FOX (vs leftovers), they lost all motivation to promote any product that is not their own.

Even IF they admit that the SEC is down right now, they'll change their tune when the playoff rankings are released. There's a reason ESPN spent so much money making sure they're the ones airing the playoff rankings live, as they're released. It gives them the opportunity to set the narrative. And that narrative has always been "SEC good, all others.. meh."

I know it sounds paranoid. But they've invested too much money not to promote their product.

Like everything else in life right now, it will be turned into "us vs them", the northeast and west coast vs the south.

Now that players can be paid out in the open, it’s a different game nationwide.

Before, the insular and tightly knit booster/bagman network in the SEC, and specifically for the top SEC teams, had a full run of the market with no repercussions, especially Alabama, Georgia, and LSU.

Now teams like Miami and others have entered that marketplace, and are more or less competing on a level playing field. I say more or less because SEC booster/bagman are still paying under the table in addition to NIL. And I know this to be an actual fact.

So they still have somewhat of an advantage because their under the table payments are going to go unanswered and uninvestigated.

But still, teams like Miami are in a much better position to compete financially to obtain top-notch players, a much better position than they were in the prior system, in which the Alabama’s of the world had all the player acquisition advantages locked up virtually exclusively.

Last edited:
This reeks of SEC inferiority complex. That conference has been tops fow quite some time, even if it was largely top heavy. I personally didn't care one bit, but **** they live rent free in some people's minds here.

Wish the ACC had that hype. One day maybe it will and the college football champs can be us.
If anyone had been able to join Clemson at the top of the rankings, the acc would be considered a top conference.

Advertisement
Back