Gorlden says issues are internal

Problem2

All-American
Premium
I refuse to listen to this guy on Joe Rose anymore, but

Matt PorterVerified account ‏@mattyports
Asked what he learned after "evaluating everything" in Jan., Golden said team's issues are more internal than on-field.

Matt Porter @mattyports · 4h 4 hours ago
Golden: "I don't think there's a defensive staff in the country that doesn't want to play fast and simplify things on defense."
2 retweets 7 favorites

I hate him so much

Advertisement
I refuse to listen to this guy on Joe Rose anymore, but

Matt PorterVerified account ‏@mattyports
Asked what he learned after "evaluating everything" in Jan., Golden said team's issues are more internal than on-field.

Matt Porter @mattyports · 4h 4 hours ago
Golden: "I don't think there's a defensive staff in the country that doesn't want to play fast and simplify things on defense."
2 retweets 7 favorites

I hate him so much

Unfortunately, this is why I know we are in trouble next year. When a coach refuses to take responsibility for their actions, we cannot expect any changes. Golden has blamed Clouds, Unicorns, Winds, Moons, YouTubes, Depth, Girth, Youth, and now Cliques as the reason why we've struggled...any and everything EXCEPT his lack of X's and O's knowledge that pertains to HIS roster.

We don't care what happened at PSU when you were a graduate assistant, or UVA when you were a D-Coordinator, or Temple as the HC....the U is a different beast, a beast he has yet been able to contain, or figure out...and that's OK, IF he can admit it...but he can't, and he won't and that's why I look forward to SWAG16 disbanding after our 7-6 record w/ another bowl loss in the Compton Hub City Bowl.

"Again, I'm not here to make excuses"

"It's on me, guysm"

*proceeds to lists 50 reasons why it's everybody's fault but his*

Advertisement
so awkward grohlden is, every time Rose asked a real question the guy would take it like an offended chic, say he cant speak to the internal situation and proceed to blame turnovers and penalties like if hr has no influence on those

and of course he dropped his"we got a long way to go" in year 5

Last edited:
Advertisement
Trust the process
giphy.gif

When he talks about internal problems, it seems more like eternal problems, because whatever they are they just won't go away.

Sounds like the internal problems may be that these kids know Golden is a POS and they just don't want to make the effort to really play for him. Maybe they want this staff gone as much as we do.

Advertisement
Milque toast, meaningless answers from the HC. The guy is on auto pilot collecting his extortion money and helping his buddies set up their retirement accounts.

Did that stupid motherfcker just say he'd like to make the defense simpler so we can play faster, but, for some unexplained reason, he can't? And no one challenged that?

Making things simple is EASIER than making things complex, fckface. Therefore, you should always be able to simplify things. The problem, if there is one, is giving kids MORE to do, not giving them less and simplifying.

Just say it, Al.

Just say "I have no clue what the **** I'm doing"

I was listening to Clinton Portis on the radio this past weekend and he said something that made sense..."Al had so much talent on that team last year, I honestly think it caught him off guard and he didn't know what to do with it."

This guy has NEVER had anymore then 2-3 NFL guys on any team he has ever coached. Last year he had about 25-30 if not more.

He is just in over his head. Esp last year. I am hoping that "the game slows down" for him this year. At least for our sake.

Advertisement
Just say it, Al.

Just say "I have no clue what the **** I'm doing"

I was listening to Clinton Portis on the radio this past weekend and he said something that made sense..."Al had so much talent on that team last year, I honestly think it caught him off guard and he didn't know what to do with it."

This guy has NEVER had anymore then 2-3 NFL guys on any team he has ever coached. Last year he had about 25-30 if not more.

He is just in over his head. Esp last year. I am hoping that "the game slows down" for him this year. At least for our sake.

A NEW EXCUSE! WE HAD TOO MUCH NFL TALENT.

pathetic of Head coach. Everything is internal. Yep got that right its with your coaching leadership and your buddies on the defensive side. Like Johnny Cash would say "burn burn burn, in a ring of fire" Golden's ship is sinking and he knows it.

Advertisement
Back