Gorlden says issues are internal

Just say it, Al.

Just say "I have no clue what the **** I'm doing"

I was listening to Clinton Portis on the radio this past weekend and he said something that made sense..."Al had so much talent on that team last year, I honestly think it caught him off guard and he didn't know what to do with it."

This guy has NEVER had anymore then 2-3 NFL guys on any team he has ever coached. Last year he had about 25-30 if not more.

He is just in over his head. Esp last year. I am hoping that "the game slows down" for him this year. At least for our sake.

He just isn't a winner. For all his pillars and core values, there's been remarkably little winning in his experience.

Golden's coaching is like a 100 page binder with none of the i's dotted and t's crossed inside. Sometimes the difference between 6-7 and 10-3 are in the little details.

Advertisement
Just say it, Al.

I was listening to Clinton Portis on the radio this past weekend and he said something that made sense..."Al had so much talent on that team last year, I honestly think it caught him off guard and he didn't know what to do with it."

This guy has NEVER had anymore then 2-3 NFL guys on any team he has ever coached. Last year he had about 25-30 if not more.

He is just in over his head. Esp last year. I am hoping that "the game slows down" for him this year. At least for our sake.

He just isn't a winner. For all his pillars and core values, there's been remarkably little winning in his experience.

Golden's coaching is like a 100 page binder with none of the i's dotted and t's crossed inside. Sometimes the difference between 6-7 and 10-3 are in the little details.

Sweet. What's the difference between 6-7 and 15-0

Just say it, Al.

6-7= Al Golden
15-0 Jimmy Johnson

Id say a big fuggin difference

Advertisement
"We came out in today's season opener a little flat. I think the length of the offseason had something to do with it. Kids got bored. You have to admit, the offseason is long. It's like twice the length of a season."

I refuse to listen to this guy on Joe Rose anymore, but

Matt PorterVerified account ‏@mattyports
Asked what he learned after "evaluating everything" in Jan., Golden said team's issues are more internal than on-field.

Matt Porter @mattyports · 4h 4 hours ago
Golden: "I don't think there's a defensive staff in the country that doesn't want to play fast and simplify things on defense."
2 retweets 7 favorites

I hate him so much

Why are people mad? He said the problem is internal, so internal it's him

1st step is admitting it lol

it's amazing that we actually have to root against the miami hurricanes this season. I know I will be. I won't be happy when we lose 7 games again but I certainly won't lose sleep over it like I used to. golden can't survive another disaster so I'm rooting for one.

Just say it, Al.

Well, money, for one.

Then, not being a **** coach might help.

Advertisement
Just say it, Al.

A NEW EXCUSE! WE HAD TOO MUCH NFL TALENT.

Hey man, just passing the info along. It makes sense. We all agree that he is in over his head. This is on the job training for this guy right now. Unfortunately, at the expense of our sanity and hard earned money.

"Again, I'm not here to make excuses"

"It's on me, guysm"

*proceeds to lists 50 reasons why it's everybody's fault but his*

Al golden is a piece of **** and an even worst coach. **** him for suspending Yearby. **** him for not finding another job.

Advertisement
Just say it, Al.

A NEW EXCUSE! WE HAD TOO MUCH NFL TALENT.

Hey man, just passing the info along. It makes sense. We all agree that he is in over his head. This is on the job training for this guy right now. Unfortunately, at the expense of our sanity and hard earned money.

No knock on you, or Portis. It's all good (except that nincompoop Grolden).

Just say it, Al.

Portis is correct to an extent. Its not that it caught him off guard, its that his whole coaching philosophy is based off the 1986 Penn State team that upset perhaps the greatest roster ever (86 UM). In that game Vinny threw five interceptions. Golden's whole defensive philosophy relies on that. The problem is that today is a different era. Even mediocre QBs can be successful against soft defenses. That's why golden consistently makes guys like Logan Thomas look like all-decade players.

Advertisement
Just say it, Al.

Portis is correct to an extent. Its not that it caught him off guard, its that his whole coaching philosophy is based off the 1986 Penn State team that upset perhaps the greatest roster ever (86 UM). In that game Vinny threw five interceptions. Golden's whole defensive philosophy relies on that. The problem is that today is a different era. Even mediocre QBs can be successful against soft defenses. That's why golden consistently makes guys like Logan Thomas look like all-decade players.

The scheme is out of date, but the entire coaching is too green for the level they are at. Golden would not be in this situation most likely. Had he hired people with resumes, but then he wouldn't be the smartest guy in the room.

I have no idea why people listen to this guy anymore.

Personally, I've been listening, and waiting for Golden to answer just one damned question in four years. Just one.

He will NOT answer a question.

Then again, although 18 minutes is not a half hour, much less an hour, Golden's interviews are like a Comedy Quarter (hour).

Advertisement
Back