Goodbye Rooster

Advertisement
If you need your offensive line to do the heavy lifting for a RB, then the RB sucks. RBs need to make plays on their own.

This is from 2021...click the link Good Brother @OrangeBowlMagic posted this and it should have forever changed people's minds on Knighton. It didn't matter if he had good blocking or bad blocking, he was not good under Lashlee AT ALL.

Quick link to the tweet directly.

Good Brother @bshaw28 has done some good work on Knighton in the past and I don't want to bite his work, but welcome him to post his data points, all of which support he's not that good. But, to be fair, he was playing his best football late this season, despite still having a legit fumbling problem.

Indeed, this thought that Rhett Lashlee had Knighton humming on offense is so dumb for anyone to think or type

Advertisement
Was never used correctly. What a waste. Wish him the best.

100 percent agree. This is one I'm glad is transferring out cause Mario system is all wrong for him. They never had a clue how to use him right. In 2021 he had a really good year and was a monster out of the back. This year I don't remember him catching anything out of the back. Terrible offensive scheme

Your-next GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Advertisement
3.87 yard average under lashlee
did you miss when I said hes not an every down back. he was misused. hes not your traditional running back esp when he was your ONLY back last year and he was one of the few explosive threats you had. when in the right system, **** do well. wish he stayed on to see the new OC but it is what it is. you guys got your wish

did you miss when I said hes not an every down back. he was misused. hes not your traditional running back esp when he was your ONLY back last year and he was one of the few explosive threats you had. when in the right system, **** do well. wish he stayed on to see the new OC but it is what it is. you guys got your wish
he was never misused. some of you all believe a coaching staff has a perfect use for every player, get a clue. Cam Harris avg over 5yds a carry under the gawd Lashlee and most on this board wanted Chaney and Knighton to take his carries.. clueless

he was never misused. some of you all believe a coaching staff has a perfect use for every player, get a clue. Cam Harris avg over 5yds a carry under the gawd Lashlee and most on this board wanted Chaney and Knighton to take his carries.. clueless
ok ill get a clue

Advertisement
from watching him on the sidelines the last few games (my seats are in front of the RB bench), he has been upset and screaming and hyperanimated. at one point, he had to be restrained from going after Gattis or at least getting near him in order to share his thoughts with Gattis. Not Good

and while he had his difficulties this year, the was our bell cow last year and as @Coach Macho has correctly argued, tougher than nails.
I hope this is not a sign that Gattis is staying.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back