Goodbye Rooster

Advertisement
Good luck to the Rooster. He will be targeted with strip attempts wherever he goes. Got to secure the ball with both hands going forward until he can get more positive film in the can.

RB room needs to add some serious talent. Need a new, highly talented OC fast. We need to absolutely crush it in the Portal (and get someone talented in the '23 class).

This O sucks. NO ONE wants to play in this O. I wouldn't send my son to UM to play in this garbage system. As much as I love Miami, I love my kid more, and would want what is best for him.

Yeah, and I do undertand that. I'm not unsympathetic.

Having said that, if TVD and Garcia can have some confidence that the O will be changing, I don't think it's that much of a stretch for Jaylan to come to the same conclusion. Lord knows, UM has been patient with him through multiple disciplinary situations, not to mention the fumbles. I'd love to see him stick it out for another year and try to get some payoff for all the hard times.

Yeah, and I do undertand that. I'm not unsympathetic.

Having said that, if TVD and Garcia can have some confidence that the O will be changing, I don't think it's that much of a stretch for Jaylan to come to the same conclusion. Lord knows, UM has been patient with him through multiple disciplinary situations, not to mention the fumbles. I'd love to see him stick it out for another year and try to get some payoff for all the hard times.
Maybe the QBs are getting paid better to stay.

Advertisement
Crazy how most people recognize we have a talent issue on offense while also being shocked/upset at these guys leaving during a roster purge.

If you need your offensive line to do the heavy lifting for a RB, then the RB sucks. RBs need to make plays on their own.

This is from 2021...click the link Good Brother @OrangeBowlMagic posted this and it should have forever changed people's minds on Knighton. It didn't matter if he had good blocking or bad blocking, he was not good under Lashlee AT ALL.

Quick link to the tweet directly.

Good Brother @bshaw28 has done some good work on Knighton in the past and I don't want to bite his work, but welcome him to post his data points, all of which support he's not that good. But, to be fair, he was playing his best football late this season, despite still having a legit fumbling problem.

Amen @BoxingRobes

Knighton is a straight line 190 lb power runner. He has a running style that simply doesn't match his body type.

For all the "he was misused" and the "OL sucked" comments, I ask you - what exactly are you supposed to do with a 190 lb Fullback?

I didn't want Knighton to transfer, but I wish him the best. I said earlier this year - go G5 if you want to be an every down RB. At P5 schools he's a pass catching/change of pace RB, and I wouldn't expect his role or results to be much diffrent than they were here.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I hear you.... I definitely wouldn't say I'm happy he's leaving.
As I’ve said in this thread. Regardless of Rooster as an every down back or perfect back or whatever, we now have 3 TOTAL backs lol zero committed from Hs. All were injuries last year with 2 out the whole year. Mario did well in portal with Mesidor and Jackson but everyone else was a role player. What makes us think we’re going to get 3 more RBs that are studs or ready for next year?? Is Fletcher? Idk about that don’t count on a true freshman. Let’s not even go into Gattis is still here so there’s less time for us to swing at portal studs on offense because no one should give Mario the time of day to pitch about coming and producing on offense..

But people just taking shots at rooster not realizing what an alarming problem this is for our roster

Advertisement
Fumble doodle doo
Steve Harvey Laughing GIF by ABC Network

@WaterburyCane

Advertisement
Back