Goodbye Rooster

Advertisement
Mario and Andrew Rodgers have alot of work to do to find us a new RB room. Because by my count we have 1 we can actually count on to be ready by Spring. (Parrish) Chaney and Citizen ill bet will be held out or given light duty.

Advertisement
I'm not reading 13 pages, anyone mention if he was asked to leave or if he left on his own? This guy could very good in an actual spread if used correctly which he never was, even under Lashlee.

Jaylan Knighton's 3.9 ypc was the lowest ypc for a Miami leading rusher in 40 years.

Lowest ypc since Keith Griffin's 3.6 ypc in 1983

Some people will just never want to see it, no matter how obvious & easy it is to see

Then you are called a stat-nerd for pointing out someone is mid, or attempts to discredit what stats or metrics or performance measure you use instead of just wrapping your mind around the idea that a player just isn't that good.

Miami is bad, but its not like its a roster full of players that are failed by somebody and they have all of this potential left on the table. Most, and by most I'd say 97% of our players that transfer out don't perform at the level of their performance here, and way too many of people's pet projects end up doing less than nothing at their next stop.

You've had good posts on Knighton...he's not a bad player by any means...but he's not the player people think he is here.

Last edited:
Then you are called a stat-nerd for pointing out someone is mid, or attempts to discredit what stats or metrics or performance measure you use instead of just wrapping your mind around the idea that a player just isn't that good.

Miami is bad, but its not like its a roster full of players that are failed by somebody and they have all of this potential left on the table. Most, and by most I'd say 97% of our players that transfer out don't perform their performance here, and way too many of people's pet projects end up doing less than nothing at their next stop.

You've had good posts on Knighton...he's not a bad player by any means...but he's not the player people think he is here.

Exactly. We always tend to overrate our players - but some players people just have a harder time letting go of.

And I get it - we all have our favorites. It took me forever to realize/admit Stacy Coley wasn't the player I thought he was. We all do it.

It's just when the stats are SO BAD but people still defend the player to the death and completely dismiss stats because they "lack context" that confuses me.

Exactly. We always tend to overrate our players - but some players people just have a harder time letting go of.

And I get it - we all have our favorites. It took me forever to realize/admit Stacy Coley wasn't the player I thought he was. We all do it.

It's just when the stats are SO BAD but people still defend the player to the death and completely dismiss stats because they "lack context" that confuses me.

Football has a lot more moving pieces and variables, which make statistical analysis a little harder...but every other sport has found ways to use analytics to make the game better and provide sound analysis toward team and individual performances...hockey, basketball, MMA, baseball, Olympic Sports, etc. all use data driven analysis in their approach with a lil eye test savvy, sure. Football has done a good job with this as well, despite the incredible amount of variables but it seems to be the slowest in regard to adaption of these by coaches and fans. Lots of knuckle dragging, IMO.

Its like in Moneyball..."...if he's such a good hitter, why doesn't he hit?"

If Knighton is so explosive, why doesn't he have (more) explosive plays? If he is so elusive, why is he not making people miss? If he's such a dynamic playmaker, why is not making plays?

Advertisement
Indeed, this thought that Rhett Lashlee had Knighton humming on offense is so dumb for anyone to think or type
He's had issues with patience and vision dating back to high school.

Anybody blaming an OC probably doesn't watch him objectively.

And I literally love the kid.

But in high school he simply just ran by everybody. He would bounce a lot. And he was always in a rush.

This is why Parrish has been better in college, because he played in an advanced offense in high school and always ran within the design of a play. (and he still does)

If he would just perfect his craft, he could be great, because he has explosiveness and deadly one-cut ability to go along with incredible physical toughness.

But in high school he simply just ran by everybody. He would bounce a lot. And he was always in a rush.

This is why Parrish has been better in college, because he played in an advanced offense in high school and always ran within the design of a play. (and he still does)

If he would just perfect his craft, he could be great, because he has explosiveness and deadly one-cut ability to go along with incredible physical toughness.
Macho - this is why you are one of the best. You have the ability to be objective, which is rare. Kudos to you

Love ya, Coach M!

Really appreciate your analysis with how close you are to him. It's excellent insight.

To me - his speed & toughness are both his strength and his weakness. He's so anxious to get upfield at full speed right away, he's just crashing into defenders and missing opportunities to bounce, or set defenders up to make a move if he varied his playing speed. And at 190 lbs, tackles he could break in HS he just can't in college - and it seems he hasn't adjusted to that yet. But he's proven he can burn you with speed when he has space and can both take & deliver a hit.

My best analogy is he's like watching a fast rookie point guard in the NBA trying to go straight to the hole and dunk every time. He'll get some highlight dunks, but he's getting charges, turning it over, and getting out of control way more often. You can't just put your head down and go full throttle straight forward every time. I hope that realization kicks in at his next stop. If it does, he'll be really fun to watch.

Advertisement
Jaylan Knighton's 3.9 ypc was the lowest ypc for a Miami leading rusher in 40 years.

Lowest ypc since Keith Griffin's 3.6 ypc in 1983

Some people will just never want to see it, no matter how obvious & easy it is to see
Keith Griffin only averaged 3.6 ypc in ‘83?

Man, that hurts.

Advertisement
While yes I agree and hate gattits you can’t blame him for rooster fumbling the ball like crazy. He fumbled so much and we don’t even remember the ones where we recovered.
Love Jones Football GIF by Bounce
we kept saying this.......how many times??????
film vintage GIF

Keith Griffin only averaged 3.6 ypc in ‘83?

Man, that hurts.

Sorry - it was 82. Richt was slinging it to the tune of 47% completion with 4 TD & 9 INT. We went 7-4

But in 83....our 20 year run of greatness began. Now we haven't been great in 20 years. We're coming up on our "China" anniversary

Advertisement
Back