Good news on Valentine....

duke4heisman

Let's go Brandon!
http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umiami/2014/01/us-army-all-american-travonte-valentine-coach-want-sit-down-with-golden-.html

Last edited:
Advertisement
U.S. Army All-American defensive tackle Travonte Valentine dropped his commitment to the University of Miami last week when talk of coach Al Golden possibly heading to Penn State began to reach a fever pitch.

Tuesday, his high school coach Mike Tunsil said Valentine could end up rejoining Miami's class now that Golden has announced he's staying put. But the 6-3, 338-pound standout and his coach at Hialeah Champagnat want to have a sit down conversation with Golden to "make sure everyone is on the same page."

"Travonte just wants security," said Tunsil, who said he's handling all interviews for Valentine until he makes his final announcement on National Signing Day. "He's been saying UM for a long time. He loves UM. But for Coach Golden to go interview for another job was unsettling.*

"A lot of things can change when a coach leaves. Now that Golden is back he wants to find out why Golden [interviewed] and if he really is planning to be there for the long haul."

Tunsil said Valentine has communicated with Golden since he de-committed on Saturday after the U.S. Army All-American Game. But Tunsil said he hasn't spoken to Golden and will reach out to him this week if he doesn't hear from him soon.

"Travonte loves UM, the small class rooms like here at Champagnat," Tunsil said. "His mom is close to him here. It's all about sitting down with Golden and getting on the same page. He has a great relationship with their coaches, coach Hurlie Brown. He's not asking for any starting job to be promised or anything like that. He knows nothing is given. It has to be earned."

Valentine, ranked the eighth-best defensive tackle in the country by 247Sports, named LSU his leader after the U.S. Army Game. Tunsil said Valentine plans on visiting UM and LSU before he makes his final decision on Signing Day. He said Valentine could also end up visiting Alabama or Kentucky before then.

"He just doesn't want to go somewhere and then there is a coaching change," Tunsil said. "People have been badmouthing him on Facebook and Twitter since he de-committed. It really isn't fair to the kid. He just wants to see what's going on."

Tunsil said any rumors about Valentine having academic issues and not being able to qualify at UM aren't true.

"He's got the grades and the test score. It's always been a core class issue and he's been taking care of that with online classes and here," Tunsil said. "Travonte could qualify at any school in America except the Ivy Leagues probably."

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umia...want-sit-down-with-golden-.html#storylink=cpy

But Tunsil said he hasn't spoken to Golden and will reach out to him this week if he doesn't hear from him soon.
Might want to call him. :/ WTF SMFH

U.S. Army All-American defensive tackle Travonte Valentine dropped his commitment to the University of Miami last week when talk of coach Al Golden possibly heading to Penn State began to reach a fever pitch.

Tuesday, his high school coach Mike Tunsil said Valentine could end up rejoining Miami's class now that Golden has announced he's staying put. But the 6-3, 338-pound standout and his coach at Hialeah Champagnat want to have a sit down conversation with Golden to "make sure everyone is on the same page."

"Travonte just wants security," said Tunsil, who said he's handling all interviews for Valentine until he makes his final announcement on National Signing Day. "He's been saying UM for a long time. He loves UM. But for Coach Golden to go interview for another job was unsettling.*

"A lot of things can change when a coach leaves. Now that Golden is back he wants to find out why Golden [interviewed] and if he really is planning to be there for the long haul."

Tunsil said Valentine has communicated with Golden since he de-committed on Saturday after the U.S. Army All-American Game. But Tunsil said he hasn't spoken to Golden and will reach out to him this week if he doesn't hear from him soon.

"Travonte loves UM, the small class rooms like here at Champagnat," Tunsil said. "His mom is close to him here. It's all about sitting down with Golden and getting on the same page. He has a great relationship with their coaches, coach Hurlie Brown. He's not asking for any starting job to be promised or anything like that. He knows nothing is given. It has to be earned."

Valentine, ranked the eighth-best defensive tackle in the country by 247Sports, named LSU his leader after the U.S. Army Game. Tunsil said Valentine plans on visiting UM and LSU before he makes his final decision on Signing Day. He said Valentine could also end up visiting Alabama or Kentucky before then.

"He just doesn't want to go somewhere and then there is a coaching change," Tunsil said. "People have been badmouthing him on Facebook and Twitter since he de-committed. It really isn't fair to the kid. He just wants to see what's going on."

Tunsil said any rumors about Valentine having academic issues and not being able to qualify at UM aren't true.

"He's got the grades and the test score. It's always been a core class issue and he's been taking care of that with online classes and here," Tunsil said. "Travonte could qualify at any school in America except the Ivy Leagues probably."

Read more here: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/umia...want-sit-down-with-golden-.html#storylink=cpy
Bet it up, TK...couldn't get it to work from my phone.

Advertisement
Don't blame the young man, if Golden can look so can he. I still hope he choses the U, and stays around family and friends, plus the education at Miami is second to none. Valentine is one of those game changers that come along every 10 years that would make any defense better. Wish him the best wherever he ends up.

Advertisement
Kid needs to realize that there's no guarantee Les Miles stays at LSU either. He could leave for the NFL, or he is one 7 win season away from getting fired.

Pick a school, not a coach.

But Tunsil said he hasn't spoken to Golden and will reach out to him this week if he doesn't hear from him soon.
Might want to call him. :/ WTF SMFH
This. Gotta call this kid as he and Kaaya are the most important recruits in this class. Should have called him yesterday.

Advertisement
one of the top 3 recruits in this entire class and he hasnt gotten a call yet?

youve got to be facking me

Advertisement
Article states that Golden has spoken to TV, but not his coach. Guys rip AG if you want but don't pull a charles robinson.

The ball is in out court. For all of those who say Golden has momentum now by saying, "I turned down my Alma Mater and dream job to be here, I'm not going anywhere" that is exactly what the young man wants to hear. I know Pete said it would be a miss if we didn't get Cook, but I think it would be a miss if we don't get Valentine because he is basically giving us a second chance and a real good one. No excuses!

I really like his attitude! He understands nothing is given it's earned.

one of the top 3 recruits in this entire class and he hasnt gotten a call yet?

youve got to be facking me

Dude you gotta read...

Advertisement
Back