Good News for Canes Fans that want Golden to Stay

Advertisement
I'd like to hear dmoney & lucane's thoughts on golden's future here...

The person who is in the middle of it thinks he will stay barring major sanctions. IMO he ends up with a raise, but he could go.

Think that we will all feel better about things if we go out and crush USF...everyone will feel better about the season and where the team is headed.

I'd like to hear dmoney & lucane's thoughts on golden's future here...

The person who is in the middle of it thinks he will stay barring major sanctions. IMO he ends up with a raise, but he could go.

D$, just joined the board from grassy. Thanks for the great concept you have with this board! If you can answer, I heard a rumor that Golden's in-laws are moving to SFLA and his parents already have a home in Naples (at least a part time home). I walked into the pro shop and Canes helmet signed by Golden was in a case and the pro said they were able to get it b/c his parents lived there. Do you think any of that factors into his decision? Thanks!

Advertisement
He'd be dumb to leave for PSU now. If I were him and I really wanted to return to Penn State, I'd let someone come into that program now to clean up the program and suffer through all the BS then once that care taker HC is gone in 5 or so years I'd hop on board.

He'd be dumb to leave for PSU now. If I were him and I really wanted to return to Penn State, I'd let someone come into that program now to clean up the program and suffer through all the BS then once that care taker HC is gone in 5 or so years I'd hop on board.

exactly....it doesn't matter who it is, the next HC at PSU will get fired and it will be soon. Golden knows better than to be the guy that follows Joe. Let the next guy take the brunt of the hate then he can come in and be the hero. We should enjoy the next 3 years, then we worry.

Advertisement
32.jpg

Dude is annoying as ****. I used to follow him but his continuous banter and rehash is unbearable. If I recall, he has never "broke" any story. He just try's to sensationalize what is already common knowledge or put out by the media. His ******* Burfict, Erickson, Thug U **** finally made me unfollow.

^ This.

The guy was trying to make that Burfict story out to be insanely shocking.

Last edited:

Dude is annoying as ****. I used to follow him but his continuous banter and rehash is unbearable. If I recall, he has never "broke" any story. He just try's to sensationalize what is already common knowledge or put out by the media. His ******* Burfict, Erickson, Thug U **** finally made me unfollow.

Read this and tell me he isn't full of bull****. Lol

http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/meyer-agrees-to-coach-buckeyes-building-staff-29902

If offered PSU job, Golden will take it and could you blame him. He is an alum, top 10 job, plenty of money and support. Golden won't be concerned about scandal, he would be trading one scandal for another and the PSU scandal, while horrific, won't carry any sanctions. If offered he is gone. The real question is will they offer? Will they want to hire a coach who hasnt won anything? Can they do better?
I think we need to start looking for a coach.

Advertisement
Well, there it is.

PSU is NOT the place to go if you're trying to avoid a train wreck in the making.

Talk about a loss of institutional control.

When did Sports by Brooks become reputable? All they seem to do is recycle stuff they read elsewhere.

They also have *** going to tosu in a done deal.

Rumor of Golden to PSU is picking up some steam. He's going to have to come out and say he's definitely not going at some point. Unless of course he's going.

What have you seen? I saw a couple of tweets by a guy I follow. @sportsbybrooks

I still think he's going if offered the job. Tough to say not to your alma mater no matter the circumstances
more info needed now

sportsbybrooks guy said they were legitimacy to the rumors that PSU would be interested in Golden and that Golden would listen. Even if he knew something, it would have been info that was before the NCAA's announcement, so it's already outdated. IMO, Golden has said enough to put the rumors to rest and he's just trying to (re)negotiate his K.

In an interview with Sedano yesterday morning, Golden was already talking about next years games (ND in Chicago sepcifically).

Advertisement
If offered PSU job, Golden will take it and could you blame him. He is an alum, top 10 job, plenty of money and support. Golden won't be concerned about scandal, he would be trading one scandal for another and the PSU scandal, while horrific, won't carry any sanctions. If offered he is gone. The real question is will they offer? Will they want to hire a coach who hasnt won anything? Can they do better?
I think we need to start looking for a coach.

i'd agree with this

SBB, never been right, contradicts everything so no matter which way it goes, they got it. This the Ferman way of reporting.

Advertisement
Back