Good for Stoops

End the thread on this. Round of applause is due.

Btw I don't ever want to hear a gator speak highly of his schedule. They play 8 home games a year, 9 in state games a year, and never leave Florida for an OOC game.

They refused to schedule Miami until Miami was on probation or had a corch. There is no more **** team in terms of scheduling in the history of sports, college or pro, than the Florida Gators

Never let facts get in the way of a good story.

Sat, Aug 31 Toledo Gainesville, FL
Sat, Sep 7 Miami Miami Gardens, FL
Sat, Sep 21 Tennessee Gainesville, FL
Sat, Sep 28 Kentucky Lexington, KY
Sat, Oct 5 Arkansas Gainesville, FL
Sat, Oct 12 LSU Baton Rouge, LA
Sat, Oct 19 Missouri Columbia, MO
Sat, Nov 2 Georgia Jacksonville, FL
Sat, Nov 9 Vanderbilt Gainesville, FL
Sat, Nov 16 S. Carolina Columbia, SC
Sat, Nov 23 GA Southern Gainesville, FL
Sat, Nov 30 Florida State Gainesville, FL

And let's compare

Aug. 30 (Fri.): FLORIDA ATLANTIC
Sept. 7: FLORIDA
Sept. 21: SAVANNAH STATE
Sept. 28: @South Florida
Oct. 5: GEORGIA TECH
Oct. 17 (Thu.): @North Carolina
Oct. 26: WAKE FOREST
Nov. 2: @Florida State
Nov. 9: VIRGINIA TECH
Nov. 16: @Duke
Nov. 23: VIRGINIA
Nov. 29 (Fri.): @Pittsburgh

what are you comparing? Both have 7 home games, you play UGA in Jacksonville thats a home game (you call it a neatural site to help your case). You also again dont leave Florida for an away OOC game. So this year you finally didn't scheduled a bunch of D2 OOC games and you want to pound your chest. Miami has finally jumped on board to what the SEC does with their OOC schedule and you want to point your finger and talk ****. Get that weak **** out of here. Stop ducking us before you talk about scheduling.

Last edited:
Advertisement
GoldenShowers UGA game isnt a home game

Its in Jacksonville and even with UGA traveling well its majority Gators.
Have you ever been to the game? I have and in the stadium it is 50/50

Ya two of them once with gator tickets and once with UGA tickets. More like 65/35 gators. You dont leave the state to play them. If FSU wasnt forced on your schedule you would try to back out of that every year also.

SoFlaSmitty so what you are really upset with is that UF is not going to play Miami again right? Because I think it is pretty fair to say UF typically has a harder schedule than Miami

NO if uf wants to duck us then thats fine. What I love is that in all sports when a confrence beats up on its self (meaning that any team can beat the other, like the acc does) we always say how hard that confrence is, but when it applies to college football that is thrown out the window. Typically in the SEC the 4 top teams beat everyone else, then schedule weak ooc games and pound their chest like they are the best confrence. The top team is always the same in the SEC Bama beats all of them. LSU, UF, UGA, USC, and now maybe Texas A&M (give it more then one season before making judgement) all play for second and the world blows them just because they have bama in their confrence. The biggest issue is SEC teams wont play hard OOC teams during the season cause they dont have time to prepair for them, but every other confrence has to just to stay on par with them because they arent in the sec.Top 15 UF loses to a bad UT team and its seen as a good lose because UT is in the SEC compared to say a ranked top 10 Miami team losing to a top 15 OKie State team, but because Okie is ranked lower its a bad lose for UM.

Last edited:
Advertisement
NO if uf wants to duck us then thats fine. What I love is that in all sports when a confrence beats up on its self (meaning that any team can beat the other, like the acc does) we always say how hard that confrence is, but when it applies to college football that is thrown out the window. Typically in the SEC the 4 top teams beat everyone else, then schedule weak ooc games and pound their chest like they are the best confrence. The top team is always the same in the SEC Bama beats all of them. LSU, UF, UGA, USC, and now maybe Texas A&M (give it more then one season before making judgement) all play for second and the world blows them just because they have bama in their confrence. The biggest issue is SEC teams wont play hard OOC teams during the season cause they dont have time to prepair for them, but every other confrence has to just to stay on par with them because they arent in the sec.Top 15 UF loses to a bad UT team and its seen as a good lose because UT is in the SEC compared to say a ranked top 10 Miami team losing to a top 15 OKie State team, but because Okie is ranked lower its a bad lose for UM.

No the top SEC schools dont want to play a hard OCC schedule during the middle of the season because the SEC is hard and wears on a team. Lets not act like Bama has been on top for the last decade other teams in the SEC have won. I understand the hate though everybody wants to be on top. Miami has their shot this upcoming season I hope your team is ready because Florida wont be playing Miami for a long time.

No the top SEC schools dont want to play a hard OCC schedule during the middle of the season because the SEC is hard and wears on a team. Lets not act like Bama has been on top for the last decade other teams in the SEC have won. I understand the hate though everybody wants to be on top. Miami has their shot this upcoming season I hope your team is ready because Florida wont be playing Miami for a long time.

This is how the SEC gets away with this crap. If an ACC, Pac 12 or Big 10/12 lose to their conference foes then it's because they aren't good. If the SEC losses to each other it's because the SEC is so tough.

This is how the SEC gets away with this crap. If an ACC, Pac 12 or Big 10/12 lose to their conference foes then it's because they aren't good. If the SEC losses to each other it's because the SEC is so tough.

This is the double standard that the $ec gets the benefit of by the media & voters that I talked about in my previous post. The bias & double standard has been in place ever since Aubarn got left out of the MNC game when they were undefeated and Choklahoma went on to play USC in the Orange Bowl. Ever since that happened the media bias has been in the $ec's favor

The bottom line is no one remembers who came in second or who went to what bowl. Let 's give the SEC their due. LSU, Alabama, UF and Auburn have won MNCs. New year, new SEC team that will have to be dealt with. If other conferences want bragging rights, then beat them when you make it to the MNC game. Oklahoma, Ohio State, Oregon, Notre Dame and Texas have all had the chance to end the SECs reign and they have not been able.

Stoops instead of worrying about SEC propaganda should worry instead about his team choking in MNC games or BCS games. There is a reason why his satirical nickname is "Big Game Bob." No team is rated so high every year as Oklahoma based on reputation yet chokes more often than not. If FSU would have handled their business in 2000, Oklahoma would continue to be a second tier program and perhaps their sense of entitlement wouldn't be so high. OU's BCS record is embarrassing. Beat FSU and UConn, lost to Boise State, destroyed by USC, destroyed by WVU, beaten by UF and probably a couple of more loses I am not remembering. As far as other Big 12 appearances in BCS games, most have been embarrassments except for Texas win over USC and OU's victory over FSU.

Top to bottom, conference strength is way over emphasized and irrelevant in the current BCS format. There is only one prize in college football. Conference strength plays an important in March Madness but not in the BCS format.

Advertisement
Where was the SEC when USC and Miami were on top? They weren't ****.

They weren't **** in the 90s when FSU and Nebraska ruled.

I could understand if one program goes on a run, but when it's suddenly an entire conference it's bull****.

And it JUST SO HAPPENS that this run took place when a) USC gets driven into the ground over one player b) the SEC no longer gets punished.

false, during the 90's, 3 different SEC teams won a national title which was the most of any conference.

Gotta agree with the first take crew even though Ihate the SEC they are the best easily. There counting rings right now, I think Stoops is hating.

Oh you watch First Take? Can't take anything you say seriously.

Why because they have opinions u dont agree with?
Or is it because they have nothing good to say about teams that are not winning?
if we win we would get an sec like exposure, we r the U for God sakes, we just gotta win.

Gotta agree with the first take crew even though Ihate the SEC they are the best easily. There counting rings right now, I think Stoops is hating.

Or is it because they have nothing good to say about teams that are not winning?
if we win we would get an sec like exposure, we r the U for God sakes, we just gotta win.

No, because they promote stupid and irrational behavior and opinions no matter how stupid, unrelated, untrue, or not fact based. It's like listening to Sean Hannity, or Rush Limbhaugh, or Glenn Beck, or Bill Mahr, Rachel Maddow. It's scare tactics, or just a bunch of crap to get people upset to watch more. The simple fact that you watch that crap shows you know nothing. There are plenty of shows on ESPN that are good First Take is complete sh*t.

This is the double standard that the $ec gets the benefit of by the media & voters that I talked about in my previous post. The bias & double standard has been in place ever since Aubarn got left out of the MNC game when they were undefeated and Choklahoma went on to play USC in the Orange Bowl. Ever since that happened the media bias has been in the $ec's favor

That was my exact point. I know UF wont play us for a really long time unless forced to in a bowl or playoff game but knowing UF instead of playing a Miami team on the rise it will self impose a bowl band just incase they get caught in the future to avoid us. "TO BE THE MAN YOU GOT TO BEAT THE MAN" Rick Flair

Advertisement
The bottom line is no one remembers who came in second or who went to what bowl. Let 's give the SEC their due. LSU, Alabama, UF and Auburn have won MNCs. New year, new SEC team that will have to be dealt with. If other conferences want bragging rights, then beat them when you make it to the MNC game. Oklahoma, Ohio State, Oregon, Notre Dame and Texas have all had the chance to end the SECs reign and they have not been able.

Stoops instead of worrying about SEC propaganda should worry instead about his team choking in MNC games or BCS games. There is a reason why his satirical nickname is "Big Game Bob." No team is rated so high every year as Oklahoma based on reputation yet chokes more often than not. If FSU would have handled their business in 2000, Oklahoma would continue to be a second tier program and perhaps their sense of entitlement wouldn't be so high. OU's BCS record is embarrassing. Beat FSU and UConn, lost to Boise State, destroyed by USC, destroyed by WVU, beaten by UF and probably a couple of more loses I am not remembering. As far as other Big 12 appearances in BCS games, most have been embarrassments except for Texas win over USC and OU's victory over FSU.

Top to bottom, conference strength is way over emphasized and irrelevant in the current BCS format. There is only one prize in college football. Conference strength plays an important in March Madness but not in the BCS format.

In 2000 Miami should have been there instead of FSU and OU claim to greatness wouldnt have taken place.

No, because they promote stupid and irrational behavior and opinions no matter how stupid, unrelated, untrue, or not fact based. It's like listening to Sean Hannity, or Rush Limbhaugh, or Glenn Beck, or Bill Mahr, Rachel Maddow. It's scare tactics, or just a bunch of crap to get people upset to watch more. The simple fact that you watch that crap shows you know nothing. There are plenty of shows on ESPN that are good First Take is complete sh*t.

Its just not a fact its an opinion. I like the show even if Skip is clueless (sometimes Ill agree with what he says), maybe someone thinks differently than you. Maybe you hate Steve A and maybe I like him. Its all opinion not fact, if the show sucked it would be done away with. The show is like this board all different personalities and different opinions. Maybe you like a different bar and I like the one you hate. Its all opinions at the end of the day, you just said I know nothing and thats your opinion. Its the same way if you say something bad about your team ur labled a hater which is stupid.

Plain and simple with the recent success of the sec, non sec teams have to be undefeated to get in which is sad but reality…the playoffs will change that and HOPEFULLY on conf champs are allowed in the that format...that would eliminate multiple sec teams

Advertisement
What is the point of this thread?

That the SEC isn't the best conference? Is that what's going on in here?

What is the point of this thread?

That the SEC isn't the best conference? Is that what's going on in here?

think the thing is the sec is very, very top heavy...and very good at the top.....which is usually about 2 teams some times a 3rd. The rest of the conference is middling, overhyped teams but because of media hype, regional hype, schools themselves hyping themselves, and just plain people saying something over and over it is the n believed to be true....the rest of the conference are seen as "sec powers"...

this thus has put the rest of college football landscape at a disadvantage. They supposedly beat up on themselves, and when they lose in conference it basically has no effect at all. Quite frankly im TIRED of this CONFERENCE PRIDE bullsh*t which was started by these middling sec programs who get hyped and scream SEC, SEC, SEC as BAMA,LSU, or UF the real powers win a MNC. GTFOH.

It is only going to get worse as the monopoly that is ESPN is all in on the SEC an in cahoots....i mean for the last three weeks ive seen espn show the same **** Eddie Lacy special piece in 4-5 different forums/channels.(cfb live,nfl live,sportscenter,espnu)

Bull****.

A) Where is the evidence that the middle of the SEC is any better or worse than other conferences?

The SEC isn't 'top heavy' because Arkansas, Ole Miss, Auburn, MSU, and Missouri are meaningfully worse than the middle of the pack in any other conference. People like to throw that idea around, but I've never seen it substantiated. Auburn went undefeated and won a MNC a few years back. They're not even a legit power in conference. Name me any other conference that has had a non-traditional power step up like that. They also went undefeated earlier in the decade, to boot.

B) Even if it were, that's irrelevant. All we're talking about is who deserves a shot at playing for the MNC. People are *****ing about a double-standard. Well, it's an earned one. Ohio State, Oregon, ND, Oklahoma all could have done something about it. Michigan could have last year. FSU had their shot at the Tebow teams. When the chips are down, the SEC makes it count. Sorry, but that **** matters.

No doubt Miami would have been a greater challenge for OU in that game and deserved to play in that game. BCS implemented some tweaks after that season because the flaws allowed FSU to slide into the BCS championship game.

In 2000 Miami should have been there instead of FSU and OU claim to greatness wouldnt have taken place.

Advertisement
Back