Good for Stoops

By the way, it's easy to say just win, but it's hard to be that kind of force again when lifelong canes fans inexplicably end up at joke SEC programs every year as they pillage south florida with pay for play.

This team would look at lot better with guys that would be here if not for the bull**** SEC money machine raping us of our talent.

Advertisement
Cam Newton didn't go to Auburn for its packed stadiums, or it's NFL pedigree. He went there bc they paid him.

Patrick JOHNSON didn't go to LSU bc he wanted to be in an SEC environment. They gave his daddy a job, and he became Patrick Peterson.

The SEC machine has been born of their blatant buying of players, and the NCAAs systematic dismantling of the biggest threat programs in USC and Miami.

The SEC wasn't **** before Mark Emmert took over and suddenly every SEC school is pulling in elite talent, and Miami, USC, Boise, UNC, and OSU get **** on.

And don't even get me started on the drug testing programs that exist in that conference.

22.gif

I'm not arguing any of that. It's idiotic to argue, however, that because the SEC has some bottom-feeders that the overall gap between it and the B12 is insignificant. Which is what Stoops is doing.

Oh, and, Consig - My point was that your point, in bold, and the article, were ridiculous. Reading comprehension, indeed. You summarized the crux of Stoops' argument. You're both horribly off base. No one gives a rat's *** about the bottom teams, and for good reason. I don't give a **** when TTU plays Kentucky. It only matters when the big boys dance. I usually think you're spot on. Not in this case.

"What are the bottom six doing?"

That's a fair point.

Four of those bottom six did so poorly last year that their coaches got fired. The year before, two SEC coaches were canned. The year before that, it was three.

I have made this point before, it is not a conference thing. It is top heavy thing. It is Bama, LSU and a random school (sometimes UF, UGA or Ark) that rotates thing.

This extra money is not going to help the bottom feeders play the elite, it will only help the bottom feeders against OOC (which will be some crap opponent anyway).

The SEC has some of the best but it ends there, no one is scared of the bottom 6 (Miss, Miss State, Vandy, Kentucky, Missou and Auburn).

The reason why the SEC is the best conference is because a coach like Gene Chizik will be fired 2 years after winning a National Title if the team slips like Auburn did. Kentucky will pay top dollar for Mark Stoops which has already paid dividends in recruiting. Arkansas will hire the 2-time Big 10 champions coach. Tennessee will hopefully remain a clusterf***. Do you really think that if Texas has an SEC mindset they would keep Mack Brown. Only school with a laissez-faire attitude like that would be Georgia (and they don't have half the resources).

YA the sec is the best conference because they fire coaches..?? really....
they have some big time coaches in conference.(Saban, Miles.tz A&m)...but be foreal.
Gene Chizik was/is a bum....Stoops aint gon do sh*t in Kentucky(not his fault)...Arkansas is a joke and a fraud...Petrino is/was as big time as it will get for them and what did he produce?

Georgia is sitting on a CORCH....i'll say it....Mark Richt is a CORCH....

cant wait to suit up with the vaunted sec this yr.....i mean 2 acc teams handled business last yr...

Advertisement
Cam Newton didn't go to Auburn for its packed stadiums, or it's NFL pedigree. He went there bc they paid him.

Patrick JOHNSON didn't go to LSU bc he wanted to be in an SEC environment. They gave his daddy a job, and he became Patrick Peterson.

The SEC machine has been born of their blatant buying of players, and the NCAAs systematic dismantling of the biggest threat programs in USC and Miami.

The SEC wasn't **** before Mark Emmert took over and suddenly every SEC school is pulling in elite talent, and Miami, USC, Boise, UNC, and OSU get **** on.

And don't even get me started on the drug testing programs that exist in that conference.

First of all naive to think that only SEC teams pay players. Secondly Emmert took over on April 2010 after UF (2006), LSU (2007), UF (2008), Alabama (2009), and Auburn (2010) had won MNC. Also I don't know if you mean steroids or marijuana when referencing drugs. If weed let's just say as a UM fan you are living in a glass house (which I agree you should not get started on).

Where was the SEC when USC and Miami were on top? They weren't ****.

They weren't **** in the 90s when FSU and Nebraska ruled.

I could understand if one program goes on a run, but when it's suddenly an entire conference it's bull****.

And it JUST SO HAPPENS that this run took place when a) USC gets driven into the ground over one player b) the SEC no longer gets punished.

Gotta agree with the first take crew even though Ihate the SEC they are the best easily. There counting rings right now, I think Stoops is hating.

While the first take clowns were sucking off the SEC they forgot to bring up how Louisville beat Florida and Clemson beat LSU.

Also when Jemele Hill said Vanderbilt would compete for a national championship in another conference thats when i wished i could slap ppl thru the t.v. smh

****. There's a fine line between acknowledging that the SEC is the best conference right now (which is undeniable) and asserting that Vandy would go to the NC in another conference (blatant SEC homerism). I didn't see Jemele Hill make those comments, but I agree that they are unacceptable.

Advertisement
I dont take stock in winning bowl games. Giving teams months to prepair for a game doesn't always mean the best team wins. Samething with the opening week games of SEC vs ACC or whatever the kickoff classic is. When UM beats UF it will be that UF is having a down year, but when UGA does its a quality win against a rival SEC team. ESPN is now a cash cow for the SEC don't expect them to start covering the negative things about their product, unless it has no chance to brush it under the rug.

Hey, Canes fan here, but some of the brethren need to think before pounding the keyboard. Mark Emmert is the devil incarnate, a microphone-loving, camera-preening fool. But stop with the conspiracy nonsense that he's fueled the rise of the SEC. Or that every player who signs with the SEC rather than Miami is bought. Or that the is over-sold because its bottom six teams are offspring of the Washington Generals. Lest we forget, the same schedule/conference arguments were made when an independent and later Big East Miami was dominating the game. Again, give the devil its due . . . but then rise up and beat them.

Hey, Canes fan here, but some of the brethren need to think before pounding the keyboard. Mark Emmert is the devil incarnate, a microphone-loving, camera-preening fool. But stop with the conspiracy nonsense that he's fueled the rise of the SEC. Or that every player who signs with the SEC rather than Miami is bought. Or that the is over-sold because its bottom six teams are offspring of the Washington Generals. Lest we forget, the same schedule/conference arguments were made when an independent and later Big East Miami was dominating the game. Again, give the devil its due . . . but then rise up and beat them.

Yeah, I can't help but roll my eyes slightly when people march out with the "oh, he didn't sign here, so [insert other program here] must have paid him" banner. That conspiracy s--t often sounds like typical, salty homerism to me.

Advertisement
What people miss in this is that only LSU and Alabama play anyone decent OOC and it's always the first week of the season. The conference has tricked people because they pad the schedules and don't play anyone but each other. Then they turn around and tell you how great they are and repeat the same cycle the next year. Mike Slive has been touting the SEC as the best conference since the early-90's and has been trying for years to get everyone to say the same thing. They started getting that and it has paid off. Now everyone else is parroting what others say because "you have to be a fool to not see how big and bad the SEC is!"

In truth, they have the most teams that can be nationally relevant (Alabama, LSU, UGA, uF, Tenn.. compared to three max in any other conference). Prior to their current run, they had 3 NC's in 20 years. Hardly dominant when Miami and Nebraska had each played for four in that same 20 year span, iIRC. Remember that five of those seven champions were teams with losses and four of those seven eventual SEC National Champions were voted in above teams with similar records and equivalent if not more impressive resume's: LSU over VT/KU--better record w/ only loss coming against #4 team on the road--/Mizzu--undefeated until CCG--, Florida over Michigan--to avoid a rematch in the NC when a few years later it was necessary since the "best conference" had the two best teams--, Alabama over Okie St, Alabama over Oregon..

It's kinda ridiculous. The SEC has had four extra opportunities and to play for the 'ship. Four times they have won that game. They should be applauded for that. But it should not be made to seem that the SEC is infallible. They are just really good in taking advantage of the one-game format of the BCS. Better defensive teams perform superiorly in those games (think * vs UM in 2003) and generally walk away as the winner. I fully believe that 40 -45 day layoffs between end of season and the champ game gives the SEC championship.

What people miss in this is that only LSU and Alabama play anyone decent OOC and it's always the first week of the season.

UF always plays FSU. While usually UM plays a harder OOC schedule than UF thats isn't the case this year. And when you extrapolate it to the full schedule I'd say that UF's is usually tougher.

What people miss in this is that only LSU and Alabama play anyone decent OOC and it's always the first week of the season. The conference has tricked people because they pad the schedules and don't play anyone but each other. Then they turn around and tell you how great they are and repeat the same cycle the next year. Mike Slive has been touting the SEC as the best conference since the early-90's and has been trying for years to get everyone to say the same thing. They started getting that and it has paid off. Now everyone else is parroting what others say because "you have to be a fool to not see how big and bad the SEC is!"

In truth, they have the most teams that can be nationally relevant (Alabama, LSU, UGA, uF, Tenn.. compared to three max in any other conference). Prior to their current run, they had 3 NC's in 20 years. Hardly dominant when Miami and Nebraska had each played for four in that same 20 year span, iIRC. Remember that five of those seven champions were teams with losses and four of those seven eventual SEC National Champions were voted in above teams with similar records and equivalent if not more impressive resume's: LSU over VT/KU--better record w/ only loss coming against #4 team on the road--/Mizzu--undefeated until CCG--, Florida over Michigan--to avoid a rematch in the NC when a few years later it was necessary since the "best conference" had the two best teams--, Alabama over Okie St, Alabama over Oregon..

It's kinda ridiculous. The SEC has had four extra opportunities and to play for the 'ship. Four times they have won that game. They should be applauded for that. But it should not be made to seem that the SEC is infallible. They are just really good in taking advantage of the one-game format of the BCS. Better defensive teams perform superiorly in those games (think * vs UM in 2003) and generally walk away as the winner. I fully believe that 40 -45 day layoffs between end of season and the champ game gives the SEC championship.

End the thread on this. Round of applause is due.

Btw I don't ever want to hear a gator speak highly of his schedule. They play 8 home games a year, 9 in state games a year, and never leave Florida for an OOC game.

They refused to schedule Miami until Miami was on probation or had a corch. There is no more ***** team in terms of scheduling in the history of sports, college or pro, than the Florida Gators

Advertisement
End the thread on this. Round of applause is due.

Btw I don't ever want to hear a gator speak highly of his schedule. They play 8 home games a year, 9 in state games a year, and never leave Florida for an OOC game.

They refused to schedule Miami until Miami was on probation or had a corch. There is no more **** team in terms of scheduling in the history of sports, college or pro, than the Florida Gators

Never let facts get in the way of a good story.

Sat, Aug 31 Toledo Gainesville, FL
Sat, Sep 7 Miami Miami Gardens, FL
Sat, Sep 21 Tennessee Gainesville, FL
Sat, Sep 28 Kentucky Lexington, KY
Sat, Oct 5 Arkansas Gainesville, FL
Sat, Oct 12 LSU Baton Rouge, LA
Sat, Oct 19 Missouri Columbia, MO
Sat, Nov 2 Georgia Jacksonville, FL
Sat, Nov 9 Vanderbilt Gainesville, FL
Sat, Nov 16 S. Carolina Columbia, SC
Sat, Nov 23 GA Southern Gainesville, FL
Sat, Nov 30 Florida State Gainesville, FL