Good article on UM basketball

Advertisement

On the positive side, 47 means Miami is under the radar and they can sneak up on people.
On the negative side, 47 means Miami gets no respect.

Advertisement

Virginia (4), Duke (8), North Carolina (14) and Florida State (24) are the ACC teams ranked.
I actually think Duke and North Carolina are overrated.

I'm interested to see how Beverly reacts to being pretty much eclipsed over the last half of last season by Wong. Statistically, they both ended up with good 7 ppg averages. For true frosh in a tough league, that's a good showing. Clearly, though, Wong has all the momentum going into 2020-21.

Advertisement
I still feel the best way to maximize them both and get the most out of them both would be to bring them both off the bench.
In fairness to Lykes and McGusty, there are not a lot of shots left in the starting lineup with those two. That is not a bad thing, it just means Wong and Beverly would be the primary scorers on the second unit and I agree, that would easily make them both double digit scorers.
Easily once you factor in that all four guys need the ball in their hands to be effective.

Advertisement
Miami Hurricanes Basketball: Top 5 Plays of 2019-…:

The list seems accurate. I cannot think of one they missed.

Advertisement
Miami vs Duke from February 5, 2012 is currently on the ACC Network and it will air again at 6 pm today.

Things of interest :

The ball screen offense looks completely different as the ball movement is better due to less dribbling. Shane Larkin was special.

The bigs are active, running the floor and dominating the boards. One of Reggie Johnson's best game.

Kenny Kadji is the best stretch 4 in the Coach L era.

Miami vs Duke from February 5, 2012 is currently on the ACC Network and it will air again at 6 pm today.

Things of interest :

The ball screen offense looks completely different as the ball movement is better due to less dribbling. Shane Larkin was special.

The bigs are active, running the floor and dominating the boards. One of Reggie Johnson's best game.

Kenny Kadji is the best stretch 4 in the Coach L era.
That team was great. The next year even better (maybe the best UM team EVER).

That team was great. The next year even better (maybe the best UM team EVER).

I agree with you. I have always thought the best teams at Miami under Coach L were the 2013 and 2016 teams. Largely due to what they accomplished. Especially since they both reached the Sweet 16 with the edge going to the 2013 teams since they won the ACC regular season and tournament championships.

However, I think the most talented team Coach L has ever had at Miami is the 2018 team. Unfortunately, that team did not get to maximize their potential due to the injury to Lonnie Walker at the beginning of the year and Bruce Brown at the end of the year.

I agree with you. I have always thought the best teams at Miami under Coach L were the 2013 and 2016 teams. Largely due to what they accomplished. Especially since they both reached the Sweet 16 with the edge going to the 2013 teams since they won the ACC regular season and tournament championships.

However, I think the most talented team Coach L has ever had at Miami is the 2018 team. Unfortunately, that team did not get to maximize their potential due to the injury to Lonnie Walker at the beginning of the year and Bruce Brown at the end of the year.
Can't agree. Bruce was hurt and Lonnie did not come close to translating his great talent to actual dominating production (which, I think, we all expected but, when all was said and done, we did not get). Miami has many examples of great talent that does not produce. Why I love the Larkin/Kadji/Scott team -- they produced (e.g., 29-7, double ACC championship).

Advertisement
Back