Good article on UM basketball

Advertisement
Advertisement
That...and let's be honest...inexplicable offensive sets at times where any semblance of ball movement or coaching was MIA .

You bring up a good point. On offense, ball movement, spacing and player movement looked like a problem at times.
I am sure Coach L will say it is an execution issue with the players and the ball screen offense which could be a valid point.
I think some of the players on the team don't understand that an offensive play is intended for the team to score and not an individual player.
I actually think Miami should add some base sets of the triangle offense and/or the Princeton offense to the playbook.
Either of those offenses would eliminate the over dribbling problem some of our guards have as they emphasize ball movement, player movement and spacing.

Advertisement

One small step for man, a gigantic leap for Rodney. Given what he did his previous 3 years, this season was a success by his standards.

He made a solid contribution to the team this season and I expect him to make a bigger impact next season.

Advertisement
You bring up a good point. On offense, ball movement, spacing and player movement looked like a problem at times.
I am sure Coach L will say it is an execution issue with the players and the ball screen offense which could be a valid point.
I think some of the players on the team don't understand that an offensive play is intended for the team to score and not an individual player.
I actually think Miami should add some base sets of the triangle offense and/or the Princeton offense to the playbook.
Either of those offenses would eliminate the over dribbling problem some of our guards have as they emphasize ball movement, player movement and spacing.

I love Coach L....always thought he was great coach, and still do.

I know what he would say IF there were any decent sports journalists that would dare ask him the difficult question about why there seems to be no ball movement and literal street ball looking offensive sets. He would say that they were young for the most part and offensive sets rely on the personnel you have to run them. To me though, it seems that has been a continuing theme for most of his teams here. Even in 2013, the lineup was so talented, that even in the rare instances of poor movement or selfish one on one stuff....our players just simply outmatched most anyone they went up against.

It is nice to see two of our assistant coaches on the list.

Chris Caputo - Defensive coordinator
Adam Fisher - Offensive coordinator

Advertisement

It is nice to see two of our assistant coaches on the list.

Chris Caputo - Defensive coordinator
Adam Fisher - Offensive coordinator

Thanks for the news. I read the article (list) and the reasons given; it's real hogwash. And there's no shortage of pork here.

Thanks for the news. I read the article (list) and the reasons given; it's real hogwash. And there's no shortage of pork here.

It is all a matter of perspective.
I think that is what people don't understand about most of my post. When I type IMO, that is what I think or what I feel should happen.
When I type under Coach L, I am making a comment about how the coaching staff has done things during his tenure.
It makes posting comments fun.

Advertisement
Back